Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
IMHO,

Get the biggest one you can; I haul a big camper too, and went with the Tru-cool 40k model. It fits well behind the three holes in your frony bumper.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Another vote for the tru-cool 40k. BTW your temps are not at all that bad, but with the trans cooler your tranny will be more confortable. :icon_ford:

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,738 Posts
Another vote for the tru-cool 40k. BTW your temps are not at all that bad, but with the trans cooler your tranny will be more confortable. :icon_ford:
I have two of them in line and generally run very cool!

·
a truck
13,142 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update....I installed the new cooler and pulled the camper to the lake last weekend. The temp never got over 170.....Thanks for all the advice.....

I installed it in series with the factory one. I mounted it to the back of the bumper...works great....

·
Registered
28 Posts
Not hijacking, just a question about installation. Do y'all take the radiator out of the cooling loop? I installed a Hayden 679 in line with my stock cooler but left the radiator in the loop. I don't have a temperature gauge to compare temperatures just wondering what most guys are doing.

Thanks,

·
Registered
369 Posts
No you don't.

·
Registered
699 Posts
I had that one on my suburban worked well, I went with the tru cool for the x though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts