1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Banned
1,089 Posts
do you plan on upgrading your trans anytime soon ( or feel like it may break & need replaced)? if ya do - -wait till then to put another cooler on it! :) That way you're not doing it twice, cause once you get metal pieces in a cooler, its not "recommended" to reuse it...

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
do you plan on upgrading your trans anytime soon ( or feel like it may break & need replaced)? if ya do - -wait till then to put another cooler on it! :) That way you're not doing it twice, cause once you get metal pieces in a cooler, its not "recommended" to reuse it...
No I don't want to upgrade it yet, I just think with the new chip and the 95 degree heat its running a little hot so I wanted to keep it as cool as possible.

·
Banned
1,089 Posts
I hear ya there -- I was gonna upgrade mine, then it grenaded and had to buy a new trans... thats when i found out about if I had upgraded to a 6.0 cooler, that I would have had to buy another when my 4r100 cratered... not cool!

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
I bought the tru cool and one day after it was delivered I found a 6.0 cooler on craigslist that was cheaper so I bought it.

Here is a nice pic for you to think about. the bottom is the 6.0 cooler, the middle is the trucool max I bought from bob at diesel site and the top is the sorry excuse for a cooler that was on my truck (NO stock cooler either!)

If you are interested in the trucool, PM me. I dont need it anymore since I got a 6.0 cooler and I am going to install that little one in the front grill in line with my 6.0 cooler.

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
You won't need to install both coolers... Mine has a tough time getting to 140 now....

·
Registered
209 Posts

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
check ebay man you can find the 6.0 coolers for next to nothing.
Isn't that the truth... just be creative with your searches. I got one for 70 bucks and another for 100...:woot:

·
Registered
209 Posts
yep they type the part numbers wrong, dont know what kind of truck its for so they list it under radiator or truck cooler keep searching you will find one. mine was under super duty cooler. good luck.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
One more thing, is there a write up on how to do the swap on here, i thought there was but I can't find it.

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
It is real easy. You just mount the tranny cooler. Get (2) 3/8" to 1/2" barbed fitting and maybe 7-10 feet of 1/2" tranny hose...

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Dont forget the hose clamps! o and take off the front of the truck to access everything easily. i left the bumper on but removed the bracket that holds the lights cause my fat fingers could not reach some stuff!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts