Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright so im thinking about going with the diy stage 1's soon. How soon after will i need a better torque converter or tranny. im not rich so if i do need to do something to the tranny i want something to hold up but i dont hvae the money to be throwing on the table for something expensive as all hell. I dont tow much with it but i will get on it time to time to have a smoke show. the only heavy work i do wiht it is pull small trailers and plow in the winter. i dont pull nothing big enough where you can really feel it behind you. basically i would like some suggestions on what i should do but wont hurt my wallet. people say you get what you pay for but i guess im not as fortuante as some people. thanks guys

·
Registered
8,710 Posts
If your trans is stock with that many miles stage 1's will kill it quick. I'd get one of John Wood Tow masters first before adding Inj's..about the cheapest good trans you can get. Other option is to get a Ford remanufactured one and install a BTS or JW VB tuned for the inj. A better 6.0 TQ from John Wodd is perfered also.

No matter what you do its gonna hurt the wallet.

Cary

·
Registered
8,710 Posts
If your trans is stock with that many miles stage 1's will kill it quick. I'd get one of John Wood Tow masters first before adding Inj's..about the cheapest good trans you can get. Other option is to get a Ford re-manufactured one and install a BTS or JW VB tuned for the inj. A better 6.0 TQ from John Wood is preferred also.

No matter what you do its gonna hurt the wallet.

Cary

1 - 3 of 3 Posts