Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my tranny built 18 months ago by Eric B. from this site. Absolutly no probs and it performes great. I Ordered a BD torque converter to replace the one we put in during the rebuild(thought my shudder at takeoff was tc related but it aint). Well when I had the BD put in it had a bad growl. So BD sent another unit. I decided to Get together with Eric so he could look thru the tranny to see if any metal got thru from the tc. We net in NC at Trucks Unlimited(Scuffy's) on Friday night. Sat morning Scuffy jerked that tranny out in like 17 minutes!!! He is DEFINATELY a bad man!! Once out Eric tore into it and took everything apart. Looked at all the parts including the valve bodies plumbing and front pump plumbing. Double checked the Transgo drill plate and all. All looked really good , so he put her back together. Scuffy got back in and put that sucker back in the truck in less than 30 minutes!! We test drove her, and all was great. The new TC works like it should this time. I cant say enough about Eric and Scuffy. 2 GREAT fellas. Eric came from Kentucky to get this done and see his family for a few days. That is a good Friend indeed. As far as Scuffy is concerned, I have said it before and will again- I wont hesitate one minute to drive 4 hours to have him work on my truck. If it needs something that I cant give it, to Trucks Unlimited it will go!! Nuff Said!!:thumb: THANKS Eric and Scuffy!!!:nod:

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
Just saw this too! I got the phone call about it! LOL

So how's the fuel economy now?

·
Banned
1,089 Posts
I've seen first hand Scott work his magic on a tranny R&I (replaced my front pump seal @ SSS) -- dude knows his stuff!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts