Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres the scoop when I take off from a dead stop it has a slipping feeling for about a half second. If I take off really slow it is barely noticable. After moving it shifts really smooth and downshifts well on deceleration. But when I come to a complete stop it does it again but in the reverse manner. Does this make sense. It almost feels that I am pulling a tow rope behind and just taking up slack. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Heres the scoop when I take off from a dead stop it has a slipping feeling for about a half second. If I take off really slow it is barely noticable. After moving it shifts really smooth and downshifts well on deceleration. But when I come to a complete stop it does it again but in the reverse manner. Does this make sense. It almost feels that I am pulling a tow rope behind and just taking up slack. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
When you take off, do the RPMs move up no problem? ie: is it definitely a trans issue?

Is the truck stock? When is the last time you flushed the trans fluid?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rpm are good. Stock truck bought used last week with 88k on it. Not sure if it has ever been flushed but I heard not to flush with that many miles it could cause more problems than good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts