Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have train horns on their truck? If so where do you buy them, cost, and were you happy with how loud they are? Thanks just looking, would love to get some sometime

Reactions: davidbackhamvn

·
Registered
603 Posts
I have them and I am very happy with them. They are very loud, but not loud enough :D. I bought mine from a local electronics store back home in New Orleans. I paid $400 for the whole kit with an upgraded compressor. I really want to get the Nathans K5LA's Those are LOUD!!!!!

·
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel
4,156 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
How much was that set up ?

·
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel
4,156 Posts
I bought the kit- horns, tank, compressor and all the parts for $900, and put it in my self

·
Registered
154 Posts
I had a Nathan's horn, they can be expensive. A good site for. After market horn for is Big Rig Chrome Shop . Com

You can buy a kit or piece one together for anywhere from $300 to $500 all the way up to full set Nathan's for $1200. Depends how wild ya wanna go

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel
4,156 Posts
Yeah if u wanna be the loudest do the Nathan K6's...pheewwwweee! I love my horns, my best mod I've done that I enjoy everyday!

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I have hornblasters shocker s4 kit and I love it. The Nathan's are much louder, but the s4's are enough to make the ppl down the street wet the bed.

·
Premium Member
6,307 Posts
I've never heard of a k6. I have Nathan k5la on mine, 8 gallon tank, and viair compressor on my truck. I also used an electric valve to hook them up to the stock horn button.

K=kettle drum style
5=five bells
L=low profile mount
A=Amtrak tune

·
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel
4,156 Posts
I've never heard of a k6. I have Nathan k5la on mine, 8 gallon tank, and viair compressor on my truck. I also used an electric valve to hook them up to the stock horn button.

K=kettle drum style
5=five bells
L=low profile mount
A=Amtrak tune
Real Train Horns

·
Premium Member
6,307 Posts
Ok, so that's just a kit they put together. It's not a factory train horn. I bet it works good though.......well depending on the size line and orifaces they use, these horns need air volume way more than pressure.

·
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel
4,156 Posts
Yeah my bad I didn't specify on that. I'm pretty happy with my p3, in the future I'm gunna buy the 2 other note horns and make it a p5 :nod:

·
Registered
278 Posts
I love mine. Very pleased and very loud. I will try to find the site i got them on. I installed mine myself and only ended up spending 200-250

·
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel
4,156 Posts
I'd buy nothing but REAL train horns, you buy those ones that the stereo shops sell- you'll out grow those quick, especially when you think you got loud horns and ur at a truck show or ect and somebody with REAL train horns blows you out the water lol, then you just wasted 300-400 you could've put towards some real train horns.
Example- today at the nhrda in Ennis tx, somebody had those cheap horns and blew em, I blew my Nathan's and immediately put theirs to shame lol.

But hey if that's what you want and like- go for it!

Sent from iPhone

·
Registered
958 Posts
I'm going to be putting together my air setup soon... It will be used for filling tires, horns and in the future air bags.

Trying to decide between compressors. Is it better to go with a high CFM compressor, or lower and continuous duty?

Thinking of the Viair 400C ("Fast Fill" 150 PSI, 2.54 CFM at 33% duty cycle)
or a Viair 350C ("Continuous Duty" 150 PSI 1.48 CFM at 100% duty cycle)

or a Viair 380C ("Continuous Duty" 200 PSI 1.49 CFM at 100% duty cycle) Which is over the rating on the tanks, so I don't think it's a good idea.

With a 5, 8.5 or 12 gallon tank. All 3 tanks are DOT approved and rated for 150 PSI. Says over 200 PSI is dangerous. How big of a tank is too big or too hard to mount?

·
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel
4,156 Posts
I have the 480c, if your gunna be filling tires then I'd go with dual compressors and an 8 gallon tank

·
GET MY ENEMA BUCKET BRO!!
2,068 Posts
Fffaaa I got the jackass kit from horn blasters and think ill be upgrading soon.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts