Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the market for a set of Train horns, for my F350, just don't want any junk.
Anyone have any insight, whats the brands to consider, WOLO ect...

·
Registered
180 Posts
One word MAXIMUS kit and get the horns bored out

·
Registered
929 Posts
siege engineering, makes a good kit

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
come on! more than 2 people on this board, have train horns, let me hear the good and bad, lets hear it....

·
Premium Member
8,408 Posts
2nd for Siege Engineering - Those suckers are Loud!!!

Last year they ran lots of auctions on eBay and you could really score a great system for cheap! I think they got tired of taking a beating because they aren't doing it much anymore :(

I got a 200psi, brass 3-trumpet, 5gal, Vivair 380, Compete Kit (wiring/relays/switches/etc) for under $200 delivered. They're almost TOO Loud to use in most places :D

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
2nd for Siege Engineering - Those suckers are Loud!!!

Last year they ran lots of auctions on eBay and you could really score a great system for cheap! I think they got tired of taking a beating because they aren't doing it much anymore :(

I got a 200psi, brass 3-trumpet, 5gal, Vivair 380, Compete Kit (wiring/relays/switches/etc) for under $200 delivered. They're almost TOO Loud to use in most places :D
another one for Siege Engineering. I got the same deal, an auction no one else bid on, 5 gal tank, Viair 380c. they are LOUD!!!

·
Registered
117 Posts
same for siege. love the system and loud as hell. got the 5 trumpet with 2.5gal tank and everything needed for hook up. my only qualm is that it just doesnt hit the right note for me. im moving up to the K5LA system from horn blasters. sounds like a darn good kit and im going to be able to use the tank/compressor for air tools as well.

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
I have a 2 horn set from Buell...they are plenty loud for me.

·
Premium Member
2,749 Posts
same for siege. love the system and loud as hell. got the 5 trumpet with 2.5gal tank and everything needed for hook up. my only qualm is that it just doesnt hit the right note for me. im moving up to the K5LA system from horn blasters. sounds like a darn good kit and im going to be able to use the tank/compressor for air tools as well.
I 2nd that for Hornblasters, I've got nothing but good words for them. My 150psi system is loud as hell, and thats all I need. I got the Shocker 4 trumpet set, and have them right up behind the transfer case, they echo like crazy off that.

-BG06.

·
Registered
180 Posts
MAXIMUS because out of the box is 175db and most are only 152db and if you get them bored out there even louder.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts