Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have or know were there is a set of train horns without having to spend 1000+

·
Registered
178 Posts
bucks an buitl it myself, you can get the tanks an pressure switch anywhere on line i bought a 200 psi tank, i think 5 gal plus the switch for 35 dollers online, the name of the site escapes me now, the hose i bought from fasten all, which ran me 20 bucks , i also bought the quick connect fittings there, those were more expensive i spent like 45 dollars for more then what i needed, i got the compressor off of a Lincoln ls(air bags) at a junk yard i spent 5 bucks on that, then the horn well i work with a lot of heavy equip so lets say that was a freebie, an so was the lanyard valve, so i got round 100 bucks into it, but with the hose an fitings i bought more then i needed so i coulda saved money there, an the whole system worked great nice an loud granted it aint all that chrome crap they sell but who's gonna see it

·
Registered
178 Posts
oh an 20 bucks on 30 amp relays i blew a few cause i wired them wrong

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
Seige engineering on ebay
have some great setups

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah i want some good loud ones, buddy of mine got some loud make your ears hurt he paid 1500 for them but thanks for all the info :)

·
Bring On The Snow
1,650 Posts
yeah i want some good loud ones, buddy of mine got some loud make your ears hurt he paid 1500 for them but thanks for all the info :)
Off topic but dam your truck is my new favorite color combo. I like it:thumb:.

·
Registered
46 Posts
go to Air Horns Of Texas give them a call... they will do you a nice setup for the same price or cheaper than anywhere

·
Registered
54 Posts

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
i kinda pieced mine together.
I got some grand general horns, they are loud- $160
I called horn blasters and got a 100% duty cycle compressor and i 5 gal tank with everything need to hook it all up for some where around $300 or $400, i dont remember.

If i had to do it over. i would get a larger tank, and run 1/2" line to the horns.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Best thing i ever had. Go thru Manhattan, New York City and blast the horn between the buildings and the windows on the bars/restaurants are fully opened in summer, we literally see people jumping off the chair and screaming. :)

Robert

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Best thing i ever had. Go thru Manhattan, New York City and blast the horn between the buildings and the windows on the bars/restaurants are fully opened in summer, we literally see people jumping off the chair and screaming. :)

Robert
Yea people get pretty pissed off when you do that.. It used to be funny but after 2 tickets i dont do it anymore:dunno:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts