Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have removed my spare and plan to mount everything there... which way should i face it? Also I looked at 1/2" fittings today and there seems to be a large reduction with 1/2" threaded to 1/2" barb... Would I be better off running 3/4"line to the horns?
Finally, I have bought a viair 480 comp, 12 gal tank, and have my Leslie RS3Ls... what kinda of switch should I use, my comp came with a 165/200? I was going to get a 1/2" smc valve from suicidedoors?! Sound good? Or should I use 3/4" line, valves, and fittings!?
Also, where do I want to mount the valve? Rigidly to the horns, tank, or close to one of them with line between??
Lemme know what you think!

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
For starters, I would go ahead and face the horns forward, anyway they are mounted they will still be loud as all he!!

The suicidedoors.com valve should be plenty...

Have you looked into SMC quick connect fittings? I don't think they will reduce as much as a barbed fitting will.

My valve is rigid mounted to the horns. It will honk faster the closer the valve is to the horns, Keep in mind it will only be a very slight difference though, so it shouldn't matter where your valve is placed.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have heard SMC fitting mentioned before, but I dont know what they are or where to get them... Can they be bought at hardware stores? If I run a 3/4 barb and airline, that will be a straight through shot to 1/2" threaded, chould I just do that?

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK I have searched for the SMC fitting and cant find anything... Could someone post a link with them? Although it seems to me it would be just as easy to use 1/2" theaded, and 3/4" barb and line... It makes it a straight shot?!

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bump! the sooner i can figure these last few things the sooner i can get my stuff ordered... im freaking out!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts