Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to preface this question by saying THANK YOU to all on this forum for your in-depth posting on the new 6.7's! I have been a die-hard GM person all my life, but finally made the best decision of my life by getting an '11 F250 SuperDuty! :icon_ford:

So, on to my question.......

I recently purchased a under-the-tailgate light strip and want to wire it up without splicing into the very neatly bundled and taped wire loom running to the trailer connectors.

During my investigation under the rear of the pickup, I see a connector that is on the drivers side rear frame near where all the wires for the trailer harness are. My question is: what is this connector, what are the wires running to it, and is there a pigtail-type end I can purchase anywhere to plug into this if it is indeed extra trailer wires? It is a square-type connector mounted directly on the frame rail with a blank cap on it with a bunch of blue rubber stoppers in the cap to plug the holes. The wires I need to hook to are: ground, right turn/stop, left turn/stop, and reverse.

There is no wiring diagram for this connector that I can find, and my dealership looks at me like I am from another planet when I asked this question. Any information anyone might have regarding this would be extremely helpful! Would love to find a resource showing a wiring diagram of the complete pickup since I am always adding electronics.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Is the blank cap orange?
Do you have a tailgate camera?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Duane,

The blank cap is gray actually. It has 6 little blue rubber plugs pushed up in the cap, and it appears there are 5 wires running to the top side of the connector. Yes, I do have the tailgate camera.

Thanks!

·
Registered
314 Posts
The orange cap is for when you pull the tailgate off (with a camera).

Sorry, can't help.

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Just tap into the wiring going into the 7-pin harness under the bumper. I did so for the 3-light clearance bar like the duallies and I plan to as well for my extra reverse lights.

A quick google search shows the standard wiring for a 7-pin harness and you can see which color wire goes where on the back side. The front cover for it also shows what pin does what.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts