Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So suddenly I have no trailer running lights.:dunno::dunno: The brake and signal lights all work, but no running lights. I just checked every fuse under the hood, and found 1 - 15amp blown. Obviously replaced it, but still no running lights!!
Anyone have any ideas before I lose a day or two with it sitting at Ford waiting to be checked?? Is there a fuse box inside? I looked and didn't see one...

Any help would be appreciated.......:dunno::dunno:

·
Registered
417 Posts
i would check the trailer wiring first instead of assuming it was the truck, trailers arent made by rocket scientists

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Trailers are all good... My toy hauler, boat trailer, and dump trailer all suddenly having the same problem at the same time is unfortunately not likely. Unplugged the boat from my brothers truck where it was all working, then no running lights on my truck, my Jayco 5th worked until just the other day, and today my dump trailer was working attached to my wife's Expedition, and the running lights are dead when plugged into my truck! like I said, signals and brakes DO work...
I wish that were the problem!

·
Super Moderator
19,759 Posts
Go to this link:
https://www.fleet.ford.com/maintenance/owners_manuals/results.asp

Put in your information to get your year's owners manual.

Page 307 describes where the internal fuse panel is.

On page 313, it shows the power distribution box under the hood. Fuse 42 (30A) is for the Trailer Park lights.

I hope that helps. The 4-pin and 7-pin plugs share the power for the brake / parking lights.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I went back and read your original again. I did have the exact same thing happen. I had several different trailers I was using over a couple days. I specifically remember the lights working the same. I then used a different trailer that I normally do not run. I parked it and hooked up the trailer I normally use. Now no trailer driving lights. I immediately thought it was the trailer I was pulling. I took the trailer to a shop I use. Trailer was fine. I took the truck to Ford thinking I had an electrical problem, they replaced the fuse that is under the hood and I hooked the trailer back up. All lights were just fine. I went back to the trailer I don't use much and looked at the plug and it was a mess in there. I fixed that and all lighting problems were solved.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts