Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hooked onto the camper and pulled it 100 miles and unhooked. We camped all weekend then hooked up to come home today.

I have no trailer brake controller and no trailer lights at all, I have checked all the fuses under the dash and they are all fine and
The lights on the pickup work just fine.

What am I missing???

I really shouldn't have the Autoguide iPhone app, but I do

·
Registered
18 Posts
First thing that comes to mind is corrosion in the 7 pin connector. Unplug & plug in the trailer connector a few times and see if it clears up. If this clears it up you want to clean the connectors on both the trailer harness and the truck receptacle well then a little dialectic grease should keep things working.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Check to make sure you have a ground, many trailers pull the ground through the ball and if it's rusty in the receiver nothing will work.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:banging::banging::banging::banging::banging::banging:

I am almost embarrassed to tell you...

After searching online for a solution, I though that I'd just go mess around with a stab light...

All fuses still good, but still no power going anywhere to the trailer plug...

It turns out, if you unplug the back of the trailer plug from the wiring harness, you have no trailer brakes, turn signals, tail lights, or anything else for that matter!!!

I have not hooked it to the camper, but it checks fine with the stab light, we shall see next weekend.

Thank you for the replies.

I'm a dumbass!!!

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
:hehe: Yea, usually that would cause a problem.
You have an extensive 'unhooking' procedure huh?

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:hehe: Yea, usually that would cause a problem.
You have an extensive 'unhooking' procedure huh?
Heh, I unplugged it just like normal, I hadn't even started drinking yet...

I will know to check that from now on!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts