Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just traded in my old 2003 F-250 super cab for a 2008 F-250 Lariat crew cab. I can tell you right now that this 2008 is much more enjoyable to drive. I have been buying Ford products since 1986 and have never looked at anything else. This 2008 has almost everything but the kitchen sink. It is the dark toredor red with the silver bottom, light stone interior and automatic. I love the extra room in this truck. Now to make a couple of slight improvements. Planned is a CAI and tune and a tonneo (sp) roll up cover. This is not going to be my primary vehicle to drive as I have a few others in my signature.

Keep up the good work Ford.

:icon_ford::woot:

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
:welcome1: to the org

Congrats on the truck!

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
:worthless[1]:

·
She's paid for!!!!!!
661 Posts
:ORG welcome:

·
Premium Member
9,097 Posts
Welcome to Powerstroke.org
:welcome1::welcome2::welcome1::welcome2::welcome1::welcome2::welcome1:​

·
Rice Hunter
4,036 Posts
Welcome Aboard! Hope you can get some pics up of that new rig

·
allergic to hot weather
1,208 Posts
:welcome1: :welcome1: :ORG welcome:
you will get addicted to this site so be careful.

·
Don't mind me
27,557 Posts
:welcome1: to the ORG!!

·
Registered
995 Posts
I reccommend a cai and some big exhaust. The cai will tend to keep people from trying to cut you off. Trust me it works. Lady thought she would beat me off a light and get in front of me. Her passenger kept looking at the front fender in horror because of the noise from it. Needless to say she got behind it after the next light.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you all....I don't have any pictures of it yet. It still only has the dealer cleanup on it and you all know how they clean vehicles. It's been raining here and I have been working late so time is limited right now. I am hoping to have some time this weekend to get her all cleaned up and shiney for some pictures.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I reccommend a cai and some big exhaust. The cai will tend to keep people from trying to cut you off. Trust me it works. Lady thought she would beat me off a light and get in front of me. Her passenger kept looking at the front fender in horror because of the noise from it. Needless to say she got behind it after the next light.
I really don't want to modify the exhaust. The 03 7.3 was loud enough after the muffler was cut off. If I want to hear something loud, I'll get into the 05 Mustang GT and have some real fun. I am planning on getting a CAI and tuner for the additional power and MPG. I haven't decided on which setup to go with yet. It is looking like S&B or AFE with a SCT tuner.

·
Registered
372 Posts

Be careful though. Its hard to stop adding things to the truck ;)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Be careful though. Its hard to stop adding things to the truck ;)
It is hard to stop adding to the Mustang. Here is the pair.

·
Premium Member
14,491 Posts
Congrats on the new ride!!! :nod::thumb::thumb:

Can't wait to see pics!

·
Registered
96 Posts
welcome to the org!!!!!

·
BIG TRUCK, SMALL DRIVER
5,877 Posts
:welcome1: Welcome to the ORG.!

·
Registered
995 Posts
I really don't want to modify the exhaust. The 03 7.3 was loud enough after the muffler was cut off. If I want to hear something loud, I'll get into the 05 Mustang GT and have some real fun. I am planning on getting a CAI and tuner for the additional power and MPG. I haven't decided on which setup to go with yet. It is looking like S&B or AFE with a SCT tuner.
I put an AFE stage 4 I believe, on mine and love it. The exhaust on mine isn't much louder than factory, just bigger. You here the cai with the window down more than anything. Find someone near you with a 4'' exhuast and listen to it for safety though. I like the mustangs. We have an 07 gt auto ourselves, or I should say the wife. I can't mod it other than the K&N drop in filter.

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Welcome to the Org. :ORG welcome: Glad to have ya aboard!!!:nod:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts