Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a buddy of mine offered to trade for a restored 69 camaro.. worth around $25 is it worth the trade i just cant decide which is more bad ***.. my truck or a nice muscle car its got a sb 350.. to a turbo 350 4 speed tranny

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Your truck may be huge but it is still alot more useful...

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
petroleum for the car is almost a dollar per gallon less...............

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Get the car...in ten years it will be worth 35K.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Lets see some pics of the car..

·
Registered
478 Posts
i own a 69 camaro. 25k for a restored camaro is a steal. I have 20k alone in the frame off, body and paint. thats not including motor,interior, etc....

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
when i get home tonight ill get a pic of my truck next to the camaro.,and well see haha we got to drive eachothers and its pretty fast, the motors got a mild cam in it so she idles real nice ya just cant beat that sound

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah its been restorded but not all the way.. just basics for everything average paint basic 350 motor bucket seats

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
I say it also depends on if the car is numbers matching, RS or SS, and the options the car came with.

If it is in decent shape and a numbers matching car you could invest 10-15K into a professional restoration and sell the thing for profit.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Ive always wanted a 69 camaro its my dream car....im a sellout for that car i would trade in a heartbeat without thinking twice...do it do it

·
Registered
578 Posts
Ive always wanted a 69 camaro its my dream car....im a sellout for that car i would trade in a heartbeat without thinking twice...do it do it
I agree, go for the camaro. They are sweet

·
Registered
750 Posts
Way too many variables to decide without pics and documention. IMO 25k sounds kinda steep for that. (350/350) average restoration. BTW TH350 is a 3 speed. Not being a smarta**, just letting you know.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Dang! i would take that trade in a sec! o wait, maybe ill hold out for the new camaro :)

trade him, the car will go up and then get another PSD in another 2 months when people will be paying you to take their oil sucker off their hands! prices on PSDs have already dropped a few grand in my area. i could get my truck now for 2 to 5 grand less then i got it for 6 months ago..

·
Stupidity pisses me off
3,861 Posts
I say it also depends on if the car is numbers matching, RS or SS, and the options the car came with.

If it is in decent shape and a numbers matching car you could invest 10-15K into a professional restoration and sell the thing for profit.
Numbers matching isn't so important today, unless you were going for a bone stock resto with like a 69 yenko or some super rare model.

But I'd say the trade would definately depend on the model of Camaro. If it's a standard coupe, no way. If it's a standard ss, no way. Throw a convertable top on either one of those and YES. If it's a RS then yes (but you will have to cross check the VIN against a builders book) to ensure it's not a clone. Then of course if its a RS/SS I would say yes, but also cross check the VIN. It could have all the bells and whistles of the RS or RS/SS but be a standard coupe vin, then there will be no real appreciation of the value in the comming years.
:twocents:

Way too many variables to decide without pics and documention. IMO 25k sounds kinda steep for that. (350/350) average restoration. BTW TH350 is a 3 speed. Not being a smarta**, just letting you know.
:hehe: I'm dying! I'm a big Rod and Camaro guy and I didn't even catch that
:dunno:

·
Registered
750 Posts
Hey, I figure we all gotta look out for one another. More eyes, ears, perspectives, better conclusions.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts