Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, the rear driveshaft in my truck fell out the other day on my way to work. i have to have the driveshaft retubed cuz it was bent and the pinion flange replaced, and i'm replacing the u-joint with a stock spicer... my truck has a 6 in lift on it and i think that part of the drive shaft failure is do to my lift and the slip yokes aren't engaged fully with the shaft on the carrier bearing and axle wrap flexing the joints too much.

that being said, i am thinking about getting a set of trac bars for my truck to help eliminate the axle wrap. what kind of bars should i get? i have been thinking about fabtech bars because i like the double tube design, i don't like just the single bars. i like the look of the rize bars but they only come for 05-07, will they fit on an 02? is there a way to retrofit them? thanks for the help everyone.

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Awesome Federal Way I lived up there for a month.

There is an outfit in Oregon that builds traction bars called One Up Offroad. They actually integrate a new block that connects to the bar. It has a bushing at the frame mount so your suspension still functions just like it should. They are spendy starting from the 700$ range to the $1400 range.

Look up DRspeed, he is up in your area with this set of traction bars. You may recognize his truck in the video below. Ask him about his.

There is also Betaracer up North from you, I think he started with a set of fabtech bars... now runs One Up Offroad after he broke them.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info, i looked them up, they look like a decent product. and cheaper than the fabtech ones i was looking at even if i upgrade a few components. i will definately be looking into these.

its good to finally see some folks from the west coast, i have yet to see any diesel events except up in monroe, but by the looks of the video it looks like there are.

·
Registered
3,752 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
im running the pro comp trac bars. they took care of all my axle rap. ive had them on about 5 years ow & no issues :thumb:
unfortunately i dont have any pics of the. (ill have to remedy that)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts