Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed an H&S mini max on my 08 F350 SRW with the DPF delete and i have downloaded the 300 tune. I know the F350 comes with almost 4" blocks under the rear leaf springs stock and I was wanting to know if I need to install traction bars. The truck is stock except for the tuner, DPF delete and a leveling kit on the front.

·
Registered
707 Posts
You don't need to get them, but they definitely help. Especially, when running the higher tunes, and for me, when playing on the beach. I've noticed a big difference. No more axle wrap during WOT or wheel hop in the sand. Seems to help the truck handle much better on the pavement too. If you're planning on lifting the truck, I would wait and get bars that incorporate the blocks in them, but that's just me. No sense in stacking blocks if you don't have to.

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
Like stated above, they aren't needed.....but they do help.

I recommend One Up Offroad or Precision Metal Fab.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Someone posted a video a while back showing the amount of axle wrap with and without traction bars on a stock truck. If you saw it, you would wonder why these trucks don't have them straight from the factory.

Jeff, do you recall that one?

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
The truck in that video was lifted quite a bit, had no smaller than 37's, and was tuned. I want to say that it was the H&S shop 6.4, but I can't remember for sure. A guy that is on The Diesel Garage with a tuned stock height truck, took a video of his rear axle driving down the road. Even when he got in the throttle hard, the axle wrap wasn't bad. I don't think the tune was big (Spartan 210 maybe?), but it does prove that axle wrap is nowhere near as bad with factory blocks in the rear and stock tires.

I think they help on any application though.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Yeah, I recall it was lifted, but don't recall it being tuned. But I thought there was allot of wrap on the one without the traction bars IMO.

I'll have to see if I can find it again and refresh my memory. :)

·
Registered
437 Posts
Look on the hs website. There is a link

·
Dont Mess With Texas!
5,788 Posts
go to oneup offroads site and they have some videos there

1 - 9 of 9 Posts