Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered the extreme race tune from Innovative as well as a DPF/CAT delete pipe and EGR block-off plates from Cobbs. I'm running a 6" Rize lift on my truck with 37" toyo MT's. I know the axle wrap is going to get bad and want to know if the OUO traction block setup is really necessary? I really like the look of the Rize bar's, but if the OUO block setup really can make a noticable in the seat difference than I'll have to go with them over the Rize bars. I'd also like to know if it's going to be dangerous running a 7" block with the Rize bars vs the 6" block I'm running now. Thanks for any input fellas! :icon_ford:

·
Registered
553 Posts
I have the Rize bars...zero issues with nearly 600rwhp on tap. I know everyone here seems to be a fan of the OUO bars for whatever reason but I find the Rize design and function to be flawless and the looks are hands down better in every regard.

Traction Bars:

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
we put a set of the Farmboy Fabrication solid mount on our customers 6.4 they feel excellent. I also just put a set on my truck, I love them!

If you want some prices, let me know.

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Jesse,

Will these work well on a non-lifted truck? I want to reduce the hard shifting aspects of my truck.

Thanks!

Mike

I have the Rize bars...zero issues with nearly 600rwhp on tap. I know everyone here seems to be a fan of the OUO bars for whatever reason but I find the Rize design and function to be flawless and the looks are hands down better in every regard.

Traction Bars:

·
Registered
270 Posts
i would also like to no if they work on stock f350 with 4" rear blocks how much also

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
I personally dont like the look of the Rize Bars...I had a rize kit on my 06 and its just to bulky looking to me. I like my Icon/OUO setup better

·
lifetime member
1,642 Posts
ladder bars will make one he!! of a difference in the way it takes off. i love mine!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
I would suggest OUO for sure.....sure would hate to spit out that block you got there Jesse......not gonna be spitting out any OUO traction blocks I assure you.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Well looks can go either way...some people love the look of the Rize stuff while others do not. I'm sure the same goes for OUO. As far as performance, I'm sure both will hold down the rear very well.

The major difference is with the OUO traction blocks there is no way that block is coming out. This setup works great for those with bigger lifts and who haven't lifted yet so haven't spent the money on replacement springs as you would with a taller Rize setup. I have a 9" block in mine with the stock springs. You can't do that with Rize...you will have to replace the rear springs and run a small block to get the same height I have.

I'm sure both work well but I love my OUO setup because it allowed me to keep my stock spring pack and it keeps my block where it should be.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I have a set of procomps bars, there not the prettiest but there not 1200.00 either.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Thanks,
I kinda needed hear that, I was second guessing not splurging for the oneupoffroads.

I thought to myself.......Ive yet to even do a boosted launch or drag race/sled pull so I dont think I really need top of the line

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
dumb question but do all the traction bars out there for lifted and non lifted trucks work for traction problems or just wheel hop? or both? would the caltracs be the same as the ouo and rize?

·
Registered
529 Posts
I'm going with OUO traction blocks. I was going to get Farmboy bars, but I like the intergrated block.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I've been told from a reliable source that the new style Rize tractions are cracking. I went OUO traction blocks w/.75" u bolts. and adj. top plates. Pahrump is correct, they will stay put.:thumb:

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Here are mine. You'll have to PM me for the vendor.

They are a traction block type as well. They can be made for any size block. I have a 1" block since i have 5" springs. (sorry for the dirty pics)

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I heard the same thing from a reliable source Danbonzo, but Rize will honor their stuff no doubt in my mind, and I'm sure if there is an issue, Rize will be on it ASAP. I'm a big fan of their customer service. What is scaring me, is I want to do a 7" block, I feel it might just not be sturdy enough without doing the OUO traction block setup. Those damn blocks must be a lot of money to have made, because their traction bar (non-block setup) prices are actually a WHOLE lot cheaper than rize, the blocks are upwards of like $550 or something like that.

·
Registered
204 Posts
They are more $ but look closely @ the features, offset blocks to correct pinion angle, adjustable top plate to move rearend forward in wheel well to provide proper tire clearance @ full compression, built in tabs/or not to use factory bump stops/ or not, .75" u-bolts that pass thru blocks to guarantee they won't twist out, adjustable length bars so they can be mounted where you want them on frame rail, choice of 2 powdercoated colors. I agree the newest style Rize do look sweet, and I'm sure they would stand by their product, but I wouldn't want the downtime, shipping hassle etc. plus still have to buy the riser blocks and longer u-bolts anyway For me ,couple hundred more bucks to go OUO, it was an easy choice. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
1,024 Posts

Traction Bars:

what a great looking truck!! except for the wheels..lol j/k nice work man.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts