Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a late build 04 with the leaf spring spring front end... does anybody make traction bars for the front I have searched and have not found anything. If i built some what would be the negatives. The truck will be used for sled pulls next year is why I am interested in front bars along with my rear bars I will be building.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Curious also.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will not be hooking to a sled until next spring so no idea yet on if the truck wil have wheel hop. I just figured since i am going to be investing time in making rear traction bars, sleds stops, suspensions stops, sled hitch, and front weight rack would it be a good idea to go ahead and make some fornt traction bars as well since the coil springs truck can run 4 links.

·
Turbos = Witchcraft
2,740 Posts
I don't know how much of an issue front wheel hop would actually be. I have never experienced it even doing 4wd boosted launches on pavement. I don't think the leaf spring trucks have the same issue as the coil spring ones do, might have something to do with the fact that the front spings are almost flat not curved like the rears but I am not sure.

·
Registered
439 Posts
TooMuch03 I have hooked to a HEAVY sled and I have got wheel hop before, not bad but enough to make me get out of the throttle. I kind of wondered the same as these guys. I would be curious to see what we can come up with.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
I've pulled for several years when California Super Stock Pulling comes to northern Nevada in stock, street, and extreme diesel classes. The only time I saw front axle hop was an 05+ coiled up truck. That's not to say you won't, but it is my 2 cents worth. The Pro Comp bars I put on worked pretty good this last pull.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok I'll try without then and see how it goes… my rear bars will be custom made with ballistic joints and 2 inch dom tubing .250 wall thickness

1 - 9 of 9 Posts