Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the truck to the track @ Epping, NH last week.

Best Run:

R/T: .117
60': 2.009
330': 6.103
1/8: 9.556
MPH: 71.02
1000': 12.559
1/4: 15.123
MPH: 87.99

REGEN at 1/8 mile mark. I made 8 runs, and all were in REGEN at some point.

DPF delete A MUST!

80 Deg. F, 3/4 tank of fuel, lot's of crap in the truck. With a 1/4 tank and some preparation, I could have removed 200-250 pounds..... High 14's would have been possible!

All runs were made in stage 4 on the Edge Evolution, in 4x4 high, tow mode engaged, TCS off.

In stage 4 tune the truck got 17.4 MPG on the return trip!

Mike

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Saw 54.65 PSI on the Snow Performance boost guage!?!

Left with 3.5-4.8 PSI against the brake......

Mike

·
Registered
999 Posts
nice man i quesss next dpf delete and custom SCT

Matt

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Matt
Just ordered the BADP DPF delete 5 Inch pipe and the Tuner...... Hope it helps out!

I hope the EGT drops! I was 1350++++ just past the 660'.

Mike

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Matt
Matt,

Your truck flies! I saw a slew of 06 6.0's running 17-18 second 1/4's.

Where did you get the Accufab intake? Does this exist for the 6.4?

Mike:thumb:

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Pretty good runs there.

I am looking at the Snow stuff....does it make a difference? Did you pick up MPG with it?

·
Registered
999 Posts
they most have been stock 6.0's and the Accufab is not an intake i have a Mac air intake

Accufab polished Elbow i dont know if they make them for a 6.4

Matt

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pretty good runs there.

I am looking at the Snow stuff....does it make a difference? Did you pick up MPG with it?
I did not reailize a huge seat of the pants improvement on HP, BUT once the tuner was in, a HUGE difference!

From my stock trim, I have gained 5-7 MPG, driving hard as normal. Average 15.50 MPG, and 17.5-18 HWY.

The snow kit is my 2nd water / meth kit I have on my cars/trucks, and it seems to be the best to operate. Like water / meth cliff notes for dummies.....!

I have run 50/50 water and methanol. I am debating going to straight methanol?????? Or 30/70!?

Mike

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I have heard numerous stories of people blowin stuff up from going above the 50% mix, I wouldn't suggest it but if you do be careful.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
I did not reailize a huge seat of the pants improvement on HP, BUT once the tuner was in, a HUGE difference!

From my stock trim, I have gained 5-7 MPG, driving hard as normal. Average 15.50 MPG, and 17.5-18 HWY.

The snow kit is my 2nd water / meth kit I have on my cars/trucks, and it seems to be the best to operate. Like water / meth cliff notes for dummies.....!

I have run 50/50 water and methanol. I am debating going to straight methanol?????? Or 30/70!?

Mike
Thanks for the feedback, which one of their kits did you go with?

I like the stage 2 but dont want that 7gallon tank in my bed, and the other tank looks too small...but then again I have no idea how much you actually used while normal driving.

And I dont really need all the gauges and **** cause I have those already.

·
<--Pro Cooler Racer
8,217 Posts
To the OP, nice runs, good start even with Regen on.:thumb:

And I also agree, I had heard (not actually seen) BAD stories of anything over 50/50! No stories on the 6.4s, but 100% meth is a volatile spray.:nod:

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the feedback, which one of their kits did you go with?

I like the stage 2 but dont want that 7gallon tank in my bed, and the other tank looks too small...but then again I have no idea how much you actually used while normal driving.

And I dont really need all the gauges and **** cause I have those already.

It is the stage 3 kit, I am using my WW fluid bottle, as it has the low fluid idiot light.

Gettin ON it, you need to refill the WW resivor before the next fill up of fuel.

With the dual injectors, it sprays a GOOD amount!

Mike

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Matt & Eric,

Thanks for the heads up on the higher than 50/50 dilutions! I just got a full 55 gallon drum of 99.99% pure Methanol for $192.50 delivered!

I will cut it 50/50 by weight and run it!

Thanks!

Mike

·
Premium Member
17,841 Posts
Saw 54.65 PSI on the Snow Performance boost guage!?!

Left with 3.5-4.8 PSI against the brake......

Mike
Dude you can leave at least 25 PSI......Hell I launch at 30, I ran a 14.9 with 6 35's so....your truck is a 14sec truck for sure
Matt,

Your truck flies! I saw a slew of 06 6.0's running 17-18 second 1/4's.

Where did you get the Accufab intake? Does this exist for the 6.4?

Mike:thumb:
No, and I don't think anytime soon..... have you actually looked at the elbow, not as easy at the 6.0 by any means

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
No way I can leave at 30 PSI on my truck with the auto...it starts spinning the tires at 10 or less.

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dude you can leave at least 25 PSI......Hell I launch at 30, I ran a 14.9 with 6 35's so....your truck is a 14sec truck for sure

No, and I don't think anytime soon..... have you actually looked at the elbow, not as easy at the 6.0 by any means
AWESOME! How hard were you on it at the line? I am somewhat hesitant to spool it up hard..... What RPM were you holding at the line?

Do you remember what your 60' times were?

I am new to the whole diesel drag-racing scene! Any launch tech's and advise is GREATLY needed!

Were you in 4x4 high with the tow mode on?

The elbow is buried! A PITA to remove IMHO.

Thanks AGAIN to all!

Mike

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
In 4x4? When your spooling up or when you let go of the brake?

They will spin in 4wd when spooling, and like hell when I let go of the brake...however this is on the road, not at a nice sticky track

·
Premium Member
17,841 Posts
AWESOME! How hard were you on it at the line? I am somewhat hesitant to spool it up hard..... What RPM were you holding at the line?

Do you remember what your 60' times were?

I am new to the whole diesel drag-racing scene! Any launch tech's and advise is GREATLY needed!

Were you in 4x4 high with the tow mode on?

The elbow is buried! A PITA to remove IMHO.

Thanks AGAIN to all!

Mike
No I don't have the time slip or my 60' cuz it was brand new track and they were still gettin all the bugs out.....I was in 4x4 High and no tow mode....as far as how hard I am, I'm hard I get that puppy to spool up high...hell I jumped out on a new C6 corvette by 2 lengths, or course he caught me, but still....it comes out of the hole like its :tard:
They will spin in 4wd when spooling, and like hell when I let go of the brake...however this is on the road, not at a nice sticky track
An you only have 4 tires not 6 :hehe:

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Actually I am sorry, thats in 2wd that it spins them so fast.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts