Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my truck to a 1/8th mile track today for the first time. I ran twice with
innovative's extreme street and extreme race. I ran a consistant 9.7. Do you think thats about right with my mods. I did 4wd launch. Smoked some turbo ricers.:woot: I think I could have done a little better though. First launch sucked. I got a better time with my extreme street.:confused:

·
Registered
232 Posts
What kind of custom tunes are you running? 100hp 200 hp..looney tune ect ect??

·
Premium Member
19,112 Posts
Congrats on the times!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What kind of custom tunes are you running? 100hp 200 hp..looney tune ect ect??
I didnt run any of dj's tunes, just innovatives for now. Next time im prob. going to run dj's and see if my times differ. Im not exactly sure of the hp numbers. I turned over better times with the extreme street than the extreme race....That one I didnt see coming.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
232 Posts
i would think your truck would be good for at least a 9 flat with the xtreme race. What rpm were you launching at?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I would think so too, but I turned over better times with my extreme street. Not to sure the exact rpm. I gave it a good 3/4 pedal boosted launch before the green light. I didnt even watch the boost to see what it boosted up to. Just kept my eyes on the tree. Had a .6 reacton time with the extreme race so its not that.:dunno: If I would have taken the 35's off I probably would have seen a lot better times too.

·
Registered
259 Posts
9 flat is a good number to go for...i ran a personal best 9.15 in the 1/8th with a crappy 2.1 60ft in my 2 WD X...it really is all in the launch with these trucks..i pulled almost a full second off my 1/4 mile time by getting more aggresive before the green...

take a night and not worry about RT and let the green go...leave when you feel the truck load up and see what works best...you'll still get your ET...once you got it down, take some shots at the tree..

Have fun!! :thumb:

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks...Ill give that a try. That was the first time I had ever been at the track too.

I forgot to mention that I ran with the tow/haul button on, is that ok or a bad move.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Thanks...Ill give that a try. That was the first time I had ever been at the track too.

I forgot to mention that I ran with the tow/haul button on, is that ok or a bad move.
i dont think it really makes a diff. did you switch from the street tune to the race tune while at the track? if so the truck prolly didnt fully learn the tune yet, usually it takes my truck like 60 miles to learn

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Then thats probably what the problem was. I should have just left the one tune on there, instead of switching at the track. I thought it was just the tranny that needed a couple minutes to relearn.

·
Registered
259 Posts
load the race tune and drive for a couple of days...alot of guys use Xtreme Race for a daily driver tune...it will feel weird with the convertor locking in all but first gear...at least load it and drive to the track(if it's more than a few miles from home)...leave tow/haul off....the bugs got you now!!:woot:

·
Registered
215 Posts
its mostly the tranny that has to relearn. thats what i do is load it up a couple days before the track to make sure its learned. i kinda drive it hard those 2 days cause if you drive it easy, it will learn how you drive, then you go to the track an drive like a mad man an it is like wtf. it will still run good but you wont get the most

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks, ill keep you guys updated when the next track day is.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am running the insanity tunes from Tadd at Elite Diesel on my 07 Harley and in the 1/8 mile i am running 8.9 and in the 1/4 14.1

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah, Im going to gove it another try b/c I found a big boost leak about a week ago. About 2 mos ago I cleaned my egr valve and must not have screwed it back on tight enough. I went to check it and the bolts were really loose and there was an oil redidue all over the manifold from where it was leaking. When I was racing I was only pushing 15psi. Fixed the leak and the power difference is amazing. It pushes 30psi easy now. Im sure it will bring my times waaaay down.

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Im running 8.7 consistently with 31's I am launching at 2000 RPMs EXACTLY if i go like 100 more RPMS it will roll through the brakes. By the way the RT is NOT calulated in your ET so no matter how late you leave your ET will still be the time.

Also i changed from street to race to street while at the track and the race tunes was about.1 faster and both streets ran 8.87

4x4 Launch with a CC SB

·
Registered
16 Posts
I didnt run any of dj's tunes, just innovatives for now. Next time im prob. going to run dj's and see if my times differ. Im not exactly sure of the hp numbers. I turned over better times with the extreme street than the extreme race....That one I didnt see coming.
I run 9.4's with a 1.02 reaction time. I run dj's looney tune

1 - 20 of 22 Posts