Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gonna do a track Day on Wednesday. Just had oil/fuel filters changed today and cleaned Air filter. Mods are in sig. i will be running stock height and tires and the Spartan 310 El. This will be my first time with this truck on the strip. I plan on dropping my air pressure down to 35 and doing a 4wd Boosted launch.
now i need tips/suggestions on how to do this and have a successful run. Any input would be great and appreciated. Also i will be running at Bandimere Speedway in Denver.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Try to leave at 1800rpm and see how it launches and go from there

·
Registered
138 Posts
Get to the track with 1/4 of a tank, take the spare out and any tool boxes.......... basically anything that adds weight. When I went to the track I left at 10 PSI with no air let out of the tires and it hooked great in 4 hi. With that said I was at a great track.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies guys. Looks like I will be waiting to hit the track till next week. It's raining here and not expected to stop till next week. I already dropped the spare and planned on pulling to tail gate and headlight. Also bandimere is an awesome track, only problem we have here is the high altitude.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Finally got out to the track tonight, I only got one run and it was my first time ever running. Wish I could have got another run at it but still fairly happy. Here are the numbers
Outside temp 63*
R/T-1.050
60' - 2.630
330' - 6.405
1/8- 9.469
MPH- 81.05
1000'- 12.106
E.T.- [email protected] 101.54 MPH

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
You will only get better with time. First time I ran my nerves were through the roof. The adrenaline was wicked. You should be able to shave a whole second off your e.t. In the quarter mile.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Adreniline was definitely wicked. But it will probably be the last time I run it, the lift is going in this week or next. And I really don't want to break anything lol. Also this was run at over a mile high. At Bandimere speedway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts