Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I raised the front of my Excursion about 2.5" - when I was done, I re-installed the factory track bar and factory track bar bracket (and it fit relatively easily). I then bought an aftermarket track bar bracket (made for 2-3" lifts) and had a very hard time installing it - there is a ton of tension on it and it's causing my leaf springs to squeak at their mounting points (and I think it's making my truck ride a little wierd).

My question is: if the factory track bar and factory track bar bracket still fit, why do I need to replace it. Should I throw the factory bracket back on? OR, if I go with an adjustable bar, how do I set the length (sitting on the ground or raised)?

thanks.

·
Banned
3,445 Posts
As the vertical distance between the frame and axle track bar mounts increases the horizontal distance is reduced as the track bar operates in an arc. For small amounts of lift (1"-2") this is not a major issue as these fall within Ford factory specs (X-code equipped trucks are roughly comparable). Beyond that point(2"+) the axle will be pulled over to the driver's side to an appreciable degree. I do recommend an adjustable track bar to maintain proper axle centering.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Where would i be able to get an adjustable track bar? I have a 2.5 inch leveling kit and my axle is shifted to the drivers side.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts