Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've tried everything, even brought it to two shops. One refused to do it and the other broke a $400 press trying to get it out. It needs to be replaced badly, does anyone have any tips??

·
Premium Member
19,111 Posts
I'm interested too since mine needs replacement. I'm assuming that since they broke a $400 press that my Harbor Freight press isn't up to the task! :hehe:

·
Premium Member
5,700 Posts
5lb sledge? just the puller alone isn't going to do anything but the shock from the hammer should

·
Registered
404 Posts
Heat it up with a tourch first then press it out...

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
doesnt sound fun

·
Registered
182 Posts
yep, heat and cave man muscle.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Did you ever get it out?

I had used a regular ball joint press but I had to cut one of the coupler things in half to stack them to make it deep enough...the stud on the stock joint is very long and I couldnt find a press deep enough.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I'm kinda curious on this since I thought the track bar had bushings not ball joints. Mine had bad bushings but I ended up buying a whole new track bar.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
I'm kinda curious on this since I thought the track bar had bushings not ball joints. Mine had bad bushings but I ended up buying a whole new track bar.

The track BAR has a bushing on the frame end...but it goes onto a balljoint thats pressed into the AXLE...hes trying to change out that ball joint.

·
Premium Member
19,111 Posts
I'm still running the bad ball joint because I couldn't get it out. I'm just going to bite the bullet and have a shop swap it out for me. I'm done screwing with it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts