Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys im feelin pretty dumb/weak here but I cant get the damn trac bar bolt off! Im assuming I need to loosen the bolt and the nut stays in place. I also assume there is some sort of lock tite on the sob so I have tried heating it up... I am trying to install a leveling kit, could I possibly do it without removing it? Perhaps I need more heat? Or is my impact not strong enough... I have tried puttin a wrench on there and holding the axle I am standing on the wrench parallel to the ground and it wont budge!!! Some pointers would be greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Yes they are just that tight.... Try a long breaker bar again... Most impacts prolly wont be able to get it... It should come... good luck!!!

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ooook well i got it! now i feel dumb! since i created this dumb thread does anyone have any tips on installing the leveling kit?

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i guess the last thing is could someone post up the torque specs on the sway bar, trac, and u bolts?? also should i put lock tite on all these bolts??

thanks guys!!

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
I would not put loc-tite on any of it. Because in the directions it says after so many miles to retorque the bolts again. If you put loc-tite on them that may make it harder and give you improper torquing of the bolts. Which could cause problems later on.

Sorry I do not have the torq specs handy.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys... no loc tite! what about torque for sway bar... do i need to take it off if im only droppin one side at a time??

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bump!! Im at the point wether i either go at this without touchin the sway bar or disconnecting it... can i pot the spring packs in without messin with the sway bar???

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey guys im about to tighten all my bolts on the front end... just bought a new shiny torque wrench! I put 100ft/lb on the u bolts... right? what about the sway bar? and how do i go about putting 450 on the trac bar? does 450= as hard as i can push... w/ a bar?

Is there a site with all the torque specs??

there should be!!

·
Registered
269 Posts
u-bolts are 100ftlbs and sway bar links are 55ftlbs.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sweet thanks man!

Now im having a prob gettin the trac bar bolt back in... I took it off the bracket behind the pitman arm... now i cant get it back in without the pinman arm in the way!

Any suggestions?!?!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts