Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
KING of BLING!
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the 08's can be figured out or by pulling the bulb out the dash. However has anyone figured out how to remove the tire pressure sensor alert on the 2011 trucks? I just added some 35" nitto's to my buddies truck and his tps alert comes up on the screen. These tires can not be ran at the same psi as the factory michelin's. :thumb:

·
Registered
11 Posts
My H&S programmer has a fix for it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
BTW, if the TPMS is within 25% it wont throw the light. That's fine for the front but the rears must stay as close to 65psi cold as possible since factory setting is 80psi cold. He can also have it reset at the dealer if he's not planning on running a programmer..if he is, then H&S is the only fix I know of. I had the same issue.

·
KING of BLING!
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks y'all for the help.

I Wonder if you could put them ALL in the spare tire ?
I don't think anybody has ever tried that. You might be on to something Mr.

·
Registered
544 Posts
It has been tried. Just buy an H&S or have the dealer recalibrate and be done with it. H&S can recalibrate or disable.

·
Registered
127 Posts
If you dealer refuses to set them lower - like mine did,you can re-train them with steps from the manual but i believe this way you can only set them as low as 60-65~, I know i had them set for 65psi after i installed my 35x`12.5's. may take a couple trys but it does work.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Any updates on this. I just put 35" Hancook AT's on with Procomp lift and my dealer told me there's nothing they can do?? Does this sound right?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Putting them in the spare will not work. The sensors detect tire motion, so if they are in the spare you will get an system error and you will still get a light on the dash. I just installed new sensors in my aftermarket wheels and I set the air pressure to 65 PSI on all the tires and I do not have any TPMS light.

·
Registered
202 Posts
If you dealer refuses to set them lower - like mine did,you can re-train them with steps from the manual but i believe this way you can only set them as low as 60-65~, I know i had them set for 65psi after i installed my 35x`12.5's. may take a couple trys but it does work.
Re-training only trains the computer to know whether the tire is on the front or rear axle. Because I like to run my rear tires at a lower psi than my front I trained the computer to think that my fronts were on the rear and rears on the front. I adjusted my tire pressures to 80% of the recommended pressure and the TPMS light came on after a few weeks. I'm now at 85% of recommended and have had no issues.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The dealer can change the TPMS set point. I had the dealer change mine. Best thing to do is show the load capability of the new tire at your desired pressure is in the same range of the OEM tire. If this is not the case then you should be running higher pressure. After the Firestone/Explorer issue, Ford is strict about maintaining proper tire load/pressure (as they should be).

Using my '11 F250 SC FX4 6.7L with 265/70 17 BFG Long Trails which are rated at 3195 @ 80 psi as an example: The door sticker states 6100lb max rear loading and 75psi recommended pressure. Divide 6100 by 2 and you get 3050 per tire which is 50 lbs less than the tires rating at for 75psi inflation based on the Tire and Rim Association pressure/load tables. A copy of this can be found at:

www.goodyear.com/truck/pdf/databook/loadInflation.pdf

Assuming you are now using 35 x 12.5 Load D floaters the max capacity is 3000 lbs @ 50psi. This is very close to the design load (50lbs per tire short) but the pressure at this load is 25 psi less. Since the TPMS is designed to go off at 65psi which equates to 2910lbs load capability on the OEM tires. I would ask the dealer to set your sensor at 47psi (45 is 2840lbs) and I would run 52psi to give a little margin over the sensor trip point on cold days.

Thanks,

Turbo Joe

1 - 14 of 14 Posts