Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gonna replace the stock Michelin sneakers before the New Hampshire winter sets in. I visited my local independent tire dealer the other day to get a quote on a set four 35" Toyo R/Ts to mount on my stock 20" wheels. I know I'll be pushing it a little b/c the minimum wheel width is 8.5" for these tires, and the stockers are 8". But I know plenty of guys run this setup with no problem and that controversy is not up for discussion in this thread.

My tire guy suggested I take a look at the Toyo Open Country C/Ts, which weren't even on my radar. Apparently, these tires have been for sale in Canada for a few years and now they're becoming more widely available in the States. They're billed as a commercial tire for light trucks and have a snowflake. The snowflake appeals to me since I chase snow around New England to snowmobile. The C/Ts are offered in a 35 and are only a few bucks more than the R/Ts ($1,616 vs $1,576 mounted and balanced).

Anybody tried the C/Ts yet? Looking for experience with the usual stuff: noise, durability, ride quality, and traction.

Toyo website:
https://www.toyotires.com/tire/pattern/open-country-ct-on-off-road-commercial-grade-tires#BVRRWidgetID

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just put a set of falken wildpeak at3w on my truck. Can't say how they do in snow because I haven't had the truck to Virginia yet. But they do have a snowflake rating and are a awesome tire. Sorry for no help with the toyo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
10,037 Posts
@nitrogen wasn't it you that's run these?

personally I ran the R/T's through last winter in Colorado and had no issues

·
Sinister Diesel Sucks!!!
2,498 Posts
Well I talked to the guys at the shop, where I got my MT's, and they only had good things to say about the A/T II's and the C/T's havn't been out long enough, nor have they installed a set, for them to have any input on them yet.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
No I have only run the AT's but they have done everything I have needed to do, gone everywhere as I wanted to go and just last and last and last

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. I may be the guinea pig on this one. I'll keep you posted

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Canadian Mind
1 - 7 of 7 Posts