Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running these? Looking at getting a set and would like to see if anyone has any suggestions

·
Registered
137 Posts
I need some new tires soon and these might be it. However, I am currently runnin 325/65/18 and I dont see that size on their web site. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
However, that size isn't a true 35in like the AT1 is. See the thread mentioned above, I bring this up.

Sent from my LTEVO using AutoGuide App.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
It's actually smaller then the original. Closer to 34in where the original was closer to 35in.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought mine at the end of Aug. Didn't know about them until I called Tread Depot looking and they told me. I called a friend of mine that owns a tire shop and he ordered mine, 35x12.5x20.. So far I am happy with them, smooth ride, low noise, good price, a few guys at rig location wanting them now.As with anything, a couple months down road will tell.. fyi I travel alot of Interstate to work and back, 750 miles round trip made 4 trips so far.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well they are on national back order in 35x12.5x20 but i found them online and got them on the truck and love them. They look nice a aggressive. They ride smooth and are quiet. Will report after i put some miles on them.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I had them in 325/60/20, just a tad bigger than 35". Couldn't wait to get them off. Traction was terrible in winter. The size could have been a factor. Just ok in the summer. For the expense of these tires I would expect more. I've had GY silent Armor Pro grade that would put the Toyos to shame. Currently have GY duratraks for winter and Toyo mt for summer. I exchanged the ATs for MTs for better wear believe it or not.

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
Super Moderator
19,759 Posts
Well they are on national back order in 35x12.5x20 but i found them online and got them on the truck and love them. They look nice a aggressive. They ride smooth and are quiet. Will report after i put some miles on them.
Do you have some pics to show us? I'm thinking about them for the next time I need rubber. I'm only ~8k into my BFG AT KO. They ride okay, but they seem a bit noisey for an AT.

I had them in 325/60/20, just a tad bigger than 35". Couldn't wait to get them off. Traction was terrible in winter. The size could have been a factor. Just ok in the summer. For the expense of these tires I would expect more. I've had GY silent Armor Pro grade that would put the Toyos to shame. Currently have GY duratraks for winter and Toyo mt for summer. I exchanged the ATs for MTs for better wear believe it or not.
Hmmmm - Not discounting your experience, just a bit surprised. I haven't run them, but I had a set of Toyo OC ATs on before my BFG mentioned above. They were a good tire. Lasted almost 50K and I did run them in the snow several times with no issues. It'll be interesting to see more reports, the more people run them. I might change my mind by the time I need tires again.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I have a set of the original open country A/T's and they are great, quiet, ride great, seem to be wearing great, great handling and all around performance. I can't imagine the new ones would be any worse. FYI mine are 325-60-20s (35-13.5-20) bought them off Craigslist.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I want toyos. I hear great reviews. However the 35x12.5 aren't quite 35 inches according to their site/specs. They are 34.5. Which is the reason I'm going with trail grapplers. They make a true 35 inch tire.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Yeah, I mentioned this a few times, the 35x12.5x18 AT2 is actually 34.5. The 325/65R18 AT1 is closer to a 35 at 34.9in.

However, the new AT2 is rated at 65psi whereas the AT1 was rated at 50psi.

Also noticed they are no longer showing the AT1 on their website.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I must be missing something, what's the big difference between a 35.0" and a 34.5 or 34.9 etc etc? I don't see how a 1/2" difference in the height of a tire can make any noticeable difference in anything. Fill me in guys.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Just me personally I want a bit more difference than half an inch from the stock 34 inch tires if/when I buy new tires.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Go with the Goodyear Duratrac, far better tire than the Toyo. If you want a good place that rates tires check out tirerack.com. they only rate big name tires so no toyo's. You can get a much better tire for the price. My last set was the toyo's and I just put the Duratrac on and wow what a difference.

Sent from my Desire HD using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 17 of 17 Posts