Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who run Toyo MT's in wintery conditions, how do you think they perform in the snow and ice?

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
so far they have been good for me and we got alot of ice here

·
Registered
120 Posts
Where did you get the best price(s) on them?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Not sure if there is any of these as far east as you, but I got mine from a place called Les Schwab's. They are all over the west coast.

I also have 60k miles on mine and about 10k more to go..........:woot::woot:

·
Registered
120 Posts
PM sent :thumb:

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
They are a great tire, mine just wore pretty fast. But I also do a lot of highway driving, and I am hard on my tires anyway. I was in Louisville, KY back in March, and there was pretty good snow storm that came through while I was there. They handled the roads just fine

·
Super Moderator
13,237 Posts
Great tires, they do well in wintery conditions. No regrets buying mine.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Don't have to worry about the wintry conditions to much here in Texas, just the occasional mud hole at the deer lease. Hard to pass up the looks though. Makes the truck look day and night different.

·
Registered
342 Posts
what is everyone seeing for treadlife on the larger toyos?

thanks!

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I have seen a set of 40" toyo's last 40k but they were bald when they got there:dunno:

·
Registered
268 Posts
I just got mine at Town Fair Tire in NH for 1599 mounted/balanced/aligned etc

·
Registered
342 Posts
not bad...i just wanted to know if it was worth paying 2ce the cost of say IROKs...which last about 20k. I guess bottom line is that cost is similar overall.

I wanna try those new M16s to see how they do....

·
Registered
850 Posts
I have about 15K on mine and still tons of tread left...I would say I'll get around 40K out of them. I have mine siped which does help on ice, makes the lugs grab better. I have noticed that with a 15.50" wide tire it's a handful when there is deep slush on the highway, even with a nice dual steering stabilizer. But that's not the tires, just the width of your contact patch causing that.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have about 15K on mine and still tons of tread left...I would say I'll get around 40K out of them. I have mine siped which does help on ice, makes the lugs grab better. I have noticed that with a 15.50" wide tire it's a handful when there is deep slush on the highway, even with a nice dual steering stabilizer. But that's not the tires, just the width of your contact patch causing that.
True that! Wide tire makes a pickup look like a mule on ice :hehe:

·
Registered
204 Posts
I was a little concerned about these tires on ice, but after a full winter season with them, and plenty of miles on icy highway, i'm sold. They handle very well in the usual M/T conditions, mud, deep snow etc..... but they also performed better than my stockers on ice. Each lug does have one sipe in it, and I regularly noticed when exiting the vehicle that the sipes were spread apart and full of snow / ice. This means they're working as designed.

Bottom line, on ice they performed better than the POS Continentals that came from the factory.

Road noise is minimal with these tires as well....

You'll love 'em!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts