Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are the toyo m/t's a good tire? do they last long? Do they get good traction? I have super swampers now and they dont last to long i want something different.

·
Raging Lunatic
8,803 Posts
are the toyo m/t's a good tire? do they last long? Do they get good traction? I have super swampers now and they dont last to long i want something different.
Don't know about all that, but I do know they are expensive.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Try a pair of Firestone Detination MT's they are a pretty good tire and they last quite awhile with random rotation.

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Toyo M/T's are a great tire. Everyone I talk to loves them and I'm waiting for my Toyo A/T's to go bald so I can get some M/T's.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I don't like the Toyos at all. I had them on one of my old trucks. wore out faster than the stock factory tires. For the money you spend on them You can buy goodyears and maybe even michelins. Ask another dealer that doesn't sell them what he thinks.

·
BIG TRUCK, SMALL DRIVER
5,877 Posts
I have heard some good things and some bad about the Toyo's. I know some that hated them, but most I have talked to liked 'em. In my opinion, you can't get a better wearing m/t than a BFG. For the money, it's a great tire.

·
Banned
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
2005f250... when you get yours will you tell me how you like them

·
Banned
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
my brother has them. they seem to be a preaty good tire

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
2005f250... when you get yours will you tell me how you like them
Will do. But I'm a couple months out on getting them. My sister in law has then on her truck and they are very nice offroad and taking out the side of a $70K porsche or however you spell it. It wasn't her flaught.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I've had two sets on previous trucks and I loved them, they wore well and were relatively quiet on the road. They also rode well.:thumb:

·
Premium Member
4,670 Posts
I've been running 37/13.50/22 Toyo MT's on my truck for about a year and a half and I love 'em. They're wearing great, get good traction, excellent road manners, not too loud, and balance easily. In fact, I didn't have an ounce of weight on them for the first 5k miles. I like them so much that I bought another one as a full size spare and will buy 4 more when these wear out. Then I can do a 5-tire rotation.

--Snake

·
Banned
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks guys, i will have a set as soon as my super swampers wear out.

·
Banned
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Will do. But I'm a couple months out on getting them. My sister in law has then on her truck and they are very nice offroad and taking out the side of a $70K porsche or however you spell it. It wasn't her flaught.
:rofl::hehe:

·
Ole White
5,253 Posts
I've had 3 sets of Toyo MT's 1 set of 37's and 2 sets of 40/15.50/22 and have loved these tires my last set of 40's lasted 48,000 miles but I rotated them every 3-5,000 miles

·
Banned
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
im not gonna be runnin 20's and my mom works at a tire shop so i get them at cost so the price isnt gonna be a big deal. i just want a good tire.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Check out the mastercraft courser ct"s real nice tire

1 - 20 of 22 Posts