Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is 1390 out the door mounted and balanced, including tax sound like a good deal for a set of 35/12.5/20's? Will they rub much on a 06 with a leveling kit?

·
Premium Member
19,112 Posts
They might rub a little bit on tight turns, but they should be fine. That sounds like a good deal; it's about what you can expect to pay. You might try to see if AYP tires can do you a better price...

·
Banned
3,445 Posts
I know a couple guys that had them,...and said they never wished they listened to all the hype.

One guy went from Iroks to Toyo's,....he said it was the worst mistake he ever made....and his truck is a trailer queen.

·
Registered
277 Posts
are the toyos as loud as the nitto mts.

·
Registered
63 Posts
No hype, Toyo is a great tire. It takes very little to balance them, they ride great, wear very well, and they are nice a quiet on the road.

Here are a couple shots of the tires being used for other than street use:

·
Banned
3,445 Posts
Hmmmm...I guess everyone has different opinions.

I don't have first hand experience,...I was only passing on what was directly told to me.

And they have said,...and are still saying the EXACT opposite...loud, balanced like crap, ,...but wear is good

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
i have heard they are put together in small sections to eliminate the 5 lbs of weight for typical off rod tires, look for Rwalker29, he has them on his truck, prob that same size also...he loves them, that price seems very fair for a quality tire.

·
Registered
590 Posts
You will absolutely love these tires! Great on road manners and not too shabby for some light trailin' or towin'. I have 35x12.50x20 on mine right now and don't have much rub at all except at full turn.

They are much quieter than the Nitto Muds on the road:icon_ford:

Sergio

·
Super Moderator
13,237 Posts
i have a set of 37x13.50x18 Toyo's... i love them. these are by far the best tire i have ever owned. previously i had a set of Pro Comp X-Terrains and they were garbage..the Toyo's balance great, ride great, and are fairly quiet considering they are a M/T. the Pro Comps, took almost 16 ounces of weight to get a semi-decent balance while the Toyo's i have take maybe 2 ounces. quite a big difference if you ask me. get them, i dont think you will be disappointed.

·
Premium Member
479 Posts
I can't get you a better deal than that. Toyo's are the one tires I don't get good prices on for some reason. Even if you got the cheapest ones on the internet it would be tough to beat that deal after they are mounted and all.

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
sounds like a great deal to me. I cant find toyo m/t's in any size for less than 400 bux each.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Sounds like a really good deal to me...

·
Registered
792 Posts
I was pricing these same size tires for my Titan when I thought about lifting it. I went in to Discount Tire and got them down to $1275. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
4,670 Posts
I've been running Toyo MT's on my truck for the past 14 months and have somewhere between 15-20k miles on them. I can honestly say that I'm 100% happy with them -- very easy to balance (I think I have 6 oz of weight on one wheel, the others have less), they're wearing great, exceptional road manners, and the one time I was actually in mud they performed perfectly. I'd recommend them to anyone who's looking for a set of tires, and I think you're getting a pretty good deal. I'm running 37/13.50/22's and the cheapest I could find them was $600/tire -- unmounted!

--Snake

·
Registered
189 Posts
toyos are the way to go i have 37s and i i have had them for about 11 months and they are the best you can buy by far!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts