Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, recently put studs in the truck couple weeks ago. I tow a 11.5K toyhauler a few times a month. Before the studs, I used Matt's unlimited tow, but the tune overheated the tranny, since I've always towed stock.

I'm looking for some input on what custom tunes everyone's using for towing and how they like them? I'm looking for a better fuel economy and power. It'd be nice to take a pass at 60 instead of 40-45.

Any input appreciated!

·
Registered
144 Posts
I used the unlimited tow on my stock head bolt truck pulling a 14000 pound 5er two weeks ago to cali and back in over hundred degree ambient temps and never over heated and pulled most the hills and baker grade @ 60 with the a/c blasting. Pulled like a champ

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts
Your gonna get different opinions. Custom tunes will will react different based on year truck and PCM strategy, not to mention everybody drives different. Some owners drive aggressive and some conservative. The other thing that comes into play is tow weight and geography of where you live.

My truck and driving style don't like Gearheads tow tunes, not aggressive enough for me. Innovative's tow tunes for me are to harsh on the trans shifts. For me, I've found Quicktricks tow/Agg to be ideal for my truck and driving style when towing.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts