Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have an '05 F350 with 35" tires. It's my daily driver and I pull my 25' Travel Trailer every weekend in the summer. I've done APR studs, Cooler delete, Banks Intercooler, Exhaust and Intake, Edge evolution, and a new factory turbo, door tag says 3.73 gears...

The issue I'm having is when I'm pulling my trailer, I'm doing 100-110 km/hr I'm reving at about 1600-1700 rpm in overdrive. Whether it's in tow/haul mode or not, which is ok on the flat, but it seems the engine is really lagging at that RPM. When I go to pass or come up to a hill it seems like I have no power? I need to depress the pedal 1/2 to 3/4 of the way to get any power and the only way that happens is if it kicks down a gear or two.

I'm thinking if i can keep it from going into overdrive or go back to stock tires(which I dont want to do) or re-gear the truck, is there a tune or tuner I can use that would help my lag issue? I feel like when its in 4th there's lots of jam? Unloaded I notice the lag, but being around town I've learned to live with it...Do I have an issue or am I just making too much out of nothing?

You opinions and expertise is appreciated!!

·
Registered
230 Posts
i have 37's with 3.73s and my truck seems laggy when going 70-75, truck is forced to downshift to pass traffic. H&S tuner does nothing with helping, really need to get bigger gears to keep the truck in the correct rpm zone as stock tires would to maintain the correct boost, see if you can find f450 gears at the boneyard

·
Registered
224 Posts
My truck did the same and the ficm was bad. How is the volts on this also any problems starting your truck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts