Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys do you think that i could pull a 46ft tri axle trailer with a f550. i am not shure on the weight of the trailer i was asked by a buddy of mine if i would tow it from maine. he is thinking on buying it and asked me if i would tow it what do you guys think. the trailer is a 2001 pace bigfoot.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Do it!!! Is it 5th wheel or gooseneck??

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
no problem.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I just checked a few out on eBay... It would be a load... What does your buddy plan on hauling it with once he gets it home.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
its a 5th wheel, he has a race car and sold his other trailer and jump on this one for $20,000

·
Registered
521 Posts
The truck will handel it no problem at all. Just check with all the local municipalities on there laws. Every state is different. But I don't think you will hav problems

I tow a 5th wheel that is 37' long and never had a problem, so the f550 more than equipped if 9' extra

Good Luck and happy towing.

·
Registered
215 Posts
i no a guy that tows a 46' goosneck with a dragster an living quarters up front an hes got a f-450. so 550 is plenty

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well it on he bought it and going to get it in 2 weeks

·
Registered
64 Posts
My dad has a 46' 5th wheel living quarters up front and a racecar in the back with a rhino and my F-350 pulls it just fine

1 - 9 of 9 Posts