Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought an SCT Livewire 9600 today. My questions is: when I tow a trailer or a heavy load of some kind... Should I select the towing tune AND use the tow/haul button OR select the tow tune AND DO NOT use the tow/haul button?

Any advice would be helpful, thanks guys and gals!

Sent from my iPad using Autoguide

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
There was a similar question asked. Most said to use your tow/haul mode WITH a tow tune. Also alot of the tow tunes I have seen, say they require tow/haul mode active as well. Hope that helps

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Pyro, i really appreciate the tips!

Sent from my iPad using Autoguide

·
War is the answer!
5,386 Posts
Yes. Use the tune with the button.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I have found using the tow haul button causes the truck to downshift much to early putting the truck at high rpm's more often than it needs to be, especially on hills. It also holds your gear way to long.

If your tow tunes utilize the jake brake feature tow haul is the only way to fully utilize it. But again high rpm's.

·
Premium Member
11,011 Posts
I have used the Tow tune and Tow/Haul in various ways. I have used the Tow/Haul with my SPD tuning with no adverse issues. I find the EGTs are controlled better with Tow/Haul. For any heavy hauling I switch to the Tow Tune and use the Tow/Haul for better shifting.

It really depends on your tuning. I'd get the info from them to make a decision.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts