Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I have a 2000 X 7.3 W/ 4r100. 55k and I tow a 32' TT. I just did some tranny work to it:

Dieselsite external filter
factory tech valve body
new gasket and internal filter
and a fluid flush and replaced the fluid with Valvoline dex/merc
Tranny temp guage

The old fluid was in great shape red, no burnt smell and as clean as one could expect.

In the past I have done most my towing with OD off. I seem to recall reading from gregg evans (valve body maker) that he doesnt think it is necessary to keep OD off. has any one else heard this? is it BECAUSE of the valve body? I dont mind, but I get better MPG's when the engine is runnign at lower MPG's of course...

·
Registered
699 Posts
i keep mine on when towing mine...unless i am going somewhere with cont. grade changes whereit wants to shift in and out.. then i turn it off

·
Registered
699 Posts
i keep mine on when towing...unless i am going somewhere with cont. grade changes whereit wants to shift in and out.. then i turn it off

·
Registered
933 Posts
less then 50 mph turn it off over turn it on unless your in the hills

·
Registered
457 Posts
Looks like you have stock power, just some intake and ex mods Dont mention chip or programmer. You cant hurt the trans. Leave it in OD unless it starts shifting all the time on hills. Stock like that, it will shift a lot more than with a chip that keeps in in OD much longer.

With my setup, I tow at 70MPH and very rarely will it need to shift down. Yea, BTS in
my future.. :) (Hensley really helps too)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts