Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I noticed today while hauling peanuts to town my tc slips when in tow haul mode. It has around 300-400 rpm slip from 1st thru 3rd from a dead stop, then locks 4th thru 6th and stays locked downshifting back to 1st. I haven’t paid much attention to it before. Is this normal behavior while towing? Thanks

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Someone with more knowledge will probably chime in but engine power is reduced on the 6.7 through 3rd gear. That may be what you are seeing.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Someone with more knowledge will probably chime in but engine power is reduced on the 6.7 through 3rd gear. That may be what you are seeing.
Appreciate u chiming in. I always thought the tc stayed locked all the time during tow haul mode. I checked again on the way home today. It didn’t slip as bad as I thought. It was staying around 200 rpm.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I have ran tow/haul and towed quit a bit on our 19 and have not experienced anything to that extent. Have you checked the fluid by chance to make sure it is full and is your truck stock or flashed?

Reactions: PeanutFarmerF250

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have ran tow/haul and towed quit a bit on our 19 and have not experienced anything to that extent. Have you checked the fluid by chance to make sure it is full and is your truck stock or flashed?
I checked the fluid the other day and it was normal. Truck is deleted and tuned.

·
Registered
546 Posts
May be worth a phone call to your tuner to ask their thoughts and explain what is going on. Seems like trans tuning may be off.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I know on the 19s they “lessened” the feel of them limiting the torque limiter so that could be why you haven’t felt it, some say the 19s feel quicker then the 17/18 is because of the reduction of “torque management”

Reactions: R&Rpowerstroke

·
Registered
546 Posts
I’m going to call them today. Does ur tc lock all the time in tow haul?
Seems like it does to be honest but could be as @joebuck says being a 19. I just towed to and from Colorado from KC and it never seemed to unlock as you described, but I also had the engine break on and would lock out 5th and 6th if needed.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Seems like it does to be honest but could be as @joebuck says being a 19. I just towed to and from Colorado from KC and it never seemed to unlock as you described, but I also had the engine break on and would lock out 5th and 6th if needed.
Mine is also a 19. I towed a few loads this morning, really paying attention to the ezlynk. From a stop the tc stays unlocked until 4th. It would stay locked, until I came to a stop again. I talked to my tuner and he said all that sounded normal to him. He said it wasn’t supposed to stay locked at all times. Said it could lock at different times depending on variables.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts