Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my truck is running great but it's been acting up with shifts. Upon a cold start i can drive fine no lights etc. Shifts perfectly..then once I'm warm, out of the blue my tow haul light starts flashing, my trans temp gauge goes blank . When it's flashing the gears start to shift hard on 1-2 sometimes 2-3 but at higher speeds even with the tow haul light on they shift smooth . Any ideas? Only code i have is keep alive power voltage low. Doesnt seem to go away. But the tow haul light will go away once the truck has cooled down until next time.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
485 Posts
Have you changed the fluid and filter? Checked the fluid? Have you done anything to diagnose this besides post here?

Sent from my Vivo XI PLUS using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you changed the fluid and filter? Checked the fluid? Have you done anything to diagnose this besides post here?

Sent from my Vivo XI PLUS using Tapatalk
Merry Christmas. No. I literally just got my truck back from the shop yesterday , and haven't even been out of the house yet today. Kids are keeping me busy in here. Looking for ideas to check when i do venture out into the cold. (Semi-blizzard here) yay Canada.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,464 Posts
That light is a CEL or error light -- as was mentioned in you other thread -- get Forscan and lets see what the codes are

Reactions: shaneaustinanderson

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have been told the trans temp sensor will rake havoc with the whole operation... Since you temp gauge is wigging out I bet that's all it needs... Less than $20.00...

Dan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts