Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced the solenoid body in my 6.0 2007 f250 powerstroke. 5r110w transmission.

I hade no codes come up on the truck for transmission problems.the Truck began to take off from a stop sign in 5th gear and sometimes 3rd gear. I would fill overdrive come in and out at will.it had a mind of its own. Remember no codes at all.

So with talking to a few mechanics I was told to change out the solenoid body along with solenoids.

So I did some searching and found a used solenoid body with solenoids and swap them out.

The truck shifts perfect now as far as I can tell. Hers the proublem. Now my tow/haul light is flashing on the cluster. After swapping the solenoid body out I get a code of po741 But before I took the old one out I never had any codes at all. Could it be possible that the torque converter solenoid is bad one the new used solenoid body?
Fluid is good.
Transmission appears not to be overheating as far as my cluster gauge reads.
Transmission seems to be shifting perfectly.
Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also on this I had to change my cluster both issues started at the same time. Cluster would go on and off so I took the dash apart ant wiggled the connectors it would go on and off.
Cluster is in perfect shape now.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I recently took my excursion into a tranny shop. Thy pulled the code, as my tow/haul started flashing at around 55. It pulled up a TCC code, can’t remember the code number, but they took the ohm readings of the TCC solenoid and it came back fine. When they pulled the pan, they said they saw some metal dust on the magnet. Oil wasn’t too bad. They changed the filter and oil. They say I should Change the torque converter and do a full rebuild. Maybe, maybe not. My excursion doesn’t shutter when switching gears and feels strong. Debating on what to do. Don’t want to spend $3500 on a Full rebuild if I don’t have to.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts