Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone conferm that a TP-55 bit is exactly what I need to get the front seat mounting bolts out? That's right, a Torx Plus 55, slightly larger than a standard T55 bit, but smaller than a T60. I have found one availible thru the local Ace Hardware store, but they want (choke) $35 for it, no returns. I am not about to commit to a $35 socket/bit unless someone will conferm from first hand experiance that it's exactly what I need...

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"Will work" isn't what I'm looking for, I know it will kinda work, I have a standard T55, which I used to remove one bolt, the one with the cleanest threads. (only 7 more to go!) I plan to purchase the EXACT tool required, and want confermation of what it is from someone with personal experiance before I commit to buying it.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Yes, T55 Plus is the correct size. But really, a T55 will be fine. Thats what I use, and I have removed all of my seats 4 times, and installed an 08 console.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have 2 trucks, an Excursion, and a close friend has 2 more trucks... so it's worth it to me to have the right tool... and all of these trucks being 12+ years old, and the ammount of rust present on the bolts, I want the tool to fit right, not just close, and risk the head stripping out, leaving the bolt half way out and the seat loose.

Thanks for the replys... I'll see about getting one ordered now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts