Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm 99.9% sure my tc went out today. The truck will still move but revs up to about 2500 rpm before it will start to move. Once the truck gets up to 35-40 mph the converter locks up and all is fine until I have to pull out again.

So my real question is how do I know if my TC is a 4 or 6 stud? I've been shopping around online for TC's and a few of them ask if it is 4 or 6 stud.

Also does anyone have any inputs on TC's? I have found a rebuilt triple disk rated at 650 hp 1100 ft/lb with three year warranty for $350 This one is a 6 stud. I have to do this as cheap as I can but I also don't want to install a POS. I know cheap and quality don't come together but I need to strike a balance here. Diamond T Torque Converter, Ford (1999-03) 7.3L Power Stroke, 650hp Triple Disk

Any input is appreciated! Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ended up going with a Revmax stage 4 converter. I am very happy with it so far. They do carry converters for the 5R110W as well.

·
Registered
32 Posts
wow that is an awesome price... anybody run one I'd love to know input on these too. Im in the market for a new tc

1 - 5 of 5 Posts