Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 99' F-250 with the 5.4 in it for our farms work truck... Well the tranny just went tonight:doh:... Does not move at forward at all... Now is there some type of kit out there where we could bolt up a toqshift 5 spd:dunno:??? Or any other options out there??? Kind of need the truck up and runnig as soon as possible

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I would think you could get a torqshift out of a 03.5+ 5.4 F-250 and use a stand alone controller to use it... or you could get a built 4r100 that that 5.4 would never be able to tear up...

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
I would rebuild the 4r100 with solid aftermarket parts. It will not break again. It will be cheaper to do this then to swap in the torqshift.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would rebuild the 4r100 with solid aftermarket parts. It will not break again. It will be cheaper to do this then to swap in the torqshift.
Ya i know it would be cheaper... but the 5.4 is not exactly a power house:hehe: and we were thinkin that the 5 spd would be a nice addition to help it out a little bit pulling and what not... Guess we have some callin around to do tommorrow to see what our options are

1 - 4 of 4 Posts