Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen the show TopGear? For those who haven't, it's a program on the BBC about 3 English guys(Jeremy, Richard, & James), who's jobs basically consist of testing the world's most ultimate sports & supercars. Another segment of the show consists of recieving challenge(s) which pertain to taking some junker cars/trucks they find, modifying them to meet the challenge, & seeing if they're modified vehicles meet the challenge(s). Now; anytime it comes to mentioning anything about americans, or american sport/supercars, typically, they don't have too much 'nice' things to say. They called the new Shelby Mustang 'lame'. When they wanted to find the ultimate driving road, they gave us the snub, saying we crawl on our roads. As much as I hate to say it, due to their distaste for americans & american vehicles, I love the show. They are hilarious! Anyway, back to the matter. I recently saw a few videos where they had to modify trucks for some challenges. Jeremy & James had both chosen 2 different Ford delivery vans, both with the 4.5l PowerStroke. Both of them had nothing to say but great things about them; how reliable they were, how much power they had, etc. Then I had seen another clip where this woman racecar driver from Germany had said she could beat Jeremy's 9.59min. laptime around a racetrack in a van. And just what did they choose for the van? A brand-new Ford Transit with a 5-speed & the 4.5 turbodiesel. I guess us americans aren't too bad for bringing Fords to the UK, huh?:icon_ford:

·
Registered
96 Posts
I kind of remember one of the episodes with the cargo vans where they were transporting equipment for the Rolling Stones. Anyway they do say alot of bad things about Americans but both my wife and I love the show. Did you see the one where they drove from Florida to Louisianna?

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I love that show!!
Me too! Despite the fact they kinda put down americans...I just can't get enough of 'em! I love the challenges, the fact they test cars that most american publications can't get their hands on, & they are funny as hell!:hehe:

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I kind of remember one of the episodes with the cargo vans where they were transporting equipment for the Rolling Stones. Anyway they do say alot of bad things about Americans but both my wife and I love the show. Did you see the one where they drove from Florida to Louisianna?
I'm gonna hafta check that one out!

·
Registered
247 Posts
They actually tested the Ford GT and Jeremy loved it so much...he bought one! I guess us Americans can do something right after all.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Yea they seem to like ford the best as for american vehicles. Love the show.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
That show rules. They liked the Ford GT i thought.

·
HardLuck Case of the Year
3,541 Posts
Speaking of....I just finished watching the TiVo'ed episodes I recorded on Mon. (both reruns!!! Boo!!!) I love the show. All of the referenced episodes are old from either 2005 or 6.

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Speaking of....I just finished watching the TiVo'ed episodes I recorded on Mon. (both reruns!!! Boo!!!) I love the show. All of the referenced episodes are old from either 2005 or 6.
Yeah, that's one thing about BBC. I've seen the same 4 episodes about a million and a half times!:doh:

·
Registered
96 Posts
My favorite 2
Captain Slow drove the Bugotti Veron
and they went on "Holiday Caravanning" Camping for the rest of us. Anyway their little camping trailer caught fire and burned down to the frame

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
i love the show!

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
I only watch 'em on YouTube :hehe:

They have a tendency to have people that don't know how to drive... Like when they pitted a Mitsubishi Evo 8 against a Lamborghini Murcielago LP 640, the lambo driver was a joke.

·
HardLuck Case of the Year
3,541 Posts
I think so far my favorite bit was the 24hr race in the BMW diesel.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Motor home raceing & the crossing the english channel in a toyota pick up truck with 250 hp outbord ..that was GREAT

·
Registered
176 Posts
the one where they painted on each others vehicals?

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I love Top Gear!

Motor home raceing & the crossing the english channel in a toyota pick up truck with 250 hp outbord ..that was GREAT
Both of those were great!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts