Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone catch this, im not sure why they put up the f450 against the ram and silverado 3500. Pretty lame competition IMO but entertaining. The Dodge looked pitiful though.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Thought it was funny the Chevy had to back up to spin the tires and Ford did circles around the guys. The hill clime could have been better had the guy not spun the tires all the way. Also the Race they did had he not spun the tires on take off Ford would have had it all the way .. It was a give away to all three I say..
The ram was pathetic .

·
Super Moderator
19,758 Posts
My DVR is set to record it here in about 45 mins. Looking forward to seeing it.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
My DVR is set to record it here in about 45 mins. Looking forward to seeing it.
You will laugh when you see them do the tire spin . The Chevy was a joke the ram same thing damn with some spin . The train pull was good and you will see how if the Ford had not spun on the race he would have had him all the way. Did good on almost catching the Chevy at the end to.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Notice he puts the chevy in 1st gear and the ram did show also didn't show what gear the Ford was in . By the way it looks he left it in D .... Rigged for all three to look good some where ...

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,738 Posts
Dang I have not watched it yet.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
I thought it was funny, nice to see how highly tanner spoke of the for tho.... The actual "testing" is a joke but I know they just do it for ratings it was cool to see the big ol 450 doing doughnuts tho!

·
Registered
902 Posts
Thats that pro driver comin out for ya

Sent from my iPhone

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Thats that pro driver comin out for ya

Sent from my iPhone

The pro driver if he wanted to win should have actually did a 4wd boosted launch I know he knows how to drive but he did the same thing with the rally car too

·
Premium Member
2,402 Posts
I thought the 2011 F-450 Ford had 350 HP and the F-350 had the 400HP and 800tq.
Did they change it? It was funny and didn't prove anything.
Doug

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I'm just glad that Tanner drove the Ford! I must say though, the "testing" was an absolute joke. They should have made all three trucks do the same tests, that way they can actually see which truck performed better during the SAME challenge. I agree though, it was more for ratings than an actual proper testing of the trucks, and their capabilities.

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
I loved what they did with the trucks.
Top gear doesn't ever really do "real world" tests IMO. It's more for fun and publicity.

It did more for Ford than anything. Because more was said about the Ford being a good truck than any other.

The Ram did HORRIBLE. I laughed my butt off when they did the drag race and the burn out.

·
Super Moderator
19,758 Posts
I recorded it late last night, didn't get to watch it yet. Maybe tonight....Looking forward to it.

·
Registered
338 Posts
That's why they call it entertainment and they didn't offend our truck buyers in the USA. Going to watch episode now.

·
Warheads on Foreheads
1,812 Posts
The Ford pulled a F***ing train.... beat that!! The "Ram" was WEAK!!haha go figure. And the Chevy winning the drag race is nothing, the truck weighs less then the Superduty, so EAD!!

·
Registered
958 Posts
The Ford pulled a F***ing train.... beat that!!
I think that would make the best commercial for Ford. I'm pretty sure they just did everything as fun, more than a real test. The Chevy doing the "burn out" was funny. :hehe:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Didn't get to see it but I am sure it will be on 10 more times this week.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I thought it was funny, nice to see how highly tanner spoke of the for tho.... The actual "testing" is a joke but I know they just do it for ratings it was cool to see the big ol 450 doing doughnuts tho!
Im pretty sure the reason Tanner spoke so highly of Ford is because hes sponsored by them. I am glad he drove it, hes the only guy that can actually drive on that show. :icon_ford:

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Im pretty sure the reason Tanner spoke so highly of Ford is because hes sponsored by them. I am glad he drove it, hes the only guy that can actually drive on that show. :icon_ford:
He might can drive but her sure can't make anything leave like it should he did the same crap doing a burnout with the rally car against the air boat as he did in the ford

1 - 20 of 25 Posts