Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 F250 and I recently had my fuel pump and the four passengers side injectors replaced. On top of the "Blue Spring" upgrade. I have a fuel pressure of 68-70 PSI, and I'm wondering what is the high-end for fuel pressure? Also, what is the need for the banjo bolts to be replaced with 6.4 ones?

Any help appreciated!

Thanks

·
Registered
4,816 Posts
^^Yep and 68-70psi is really the upper end of the fuel pressure. You won't get any more performance from higher fuel pressure.

·
Premium Member
3,940 Posts
I know a couple of guys that have been running the Gillette fuel spring for years which gives them 100 - 110 psi, I know it sounds scary but man their trucks sure are a lot more quiet then mine and also seem to start faster.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Too high will blow an o ring

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
593 Posts
My fuel pressure sits at 60 psi everyone else says 65. Im running stock pump with a airdog 150 feeding the pump with a sump. Maybe my hcfm pump is failing?

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
4,816 Posts
What does it do at WOT?? As long as your fuel pressure stays close to 50psi, you're good (44psi per International spec I just go a little more for safety).

·
Registered
593 Posts
Yeah it doesn't go below 55 i wasn't sure cause everyone says something different.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
370 Posts
Too high will blow an o ring

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Why would Gillette sell a spring that would potentially blow your injector orings?
That would be bad business.

·
Registered
4,816 Posts
I dont know. But I do know that whenever you get a remanufactured cylinder head, the fuel rails are only pressure tested to 70psi.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
I dont know. But I do know that whenever you get a remanufactured cylinder head, the fuel rails are only pressure tested to 70psi.
Odessa cylinder heads out of Clearwater, Florida told me over the phone they pressure test the fuel rails to 85 psi. That's no where near the 100-110 the gillette spring puts out but it's substantially above the 70 psi.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts