Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie here! 01 F250 7.3 PSD. 210,000 and running strong. I want to pull it the shop in and fix a few oil leaks, install an AIS, and knock out anything else I should do while under the hood. Any suggestions? She starts and runs good so I'm guessing not much is needed. I expect the HPOP is the source of my leak. I have seen a kit to replace the o-rings on the fuel bowl. Is that worth my time while I'm working on it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,181 Posts
Newbie here! 01 F250 7.3 PSD. 210,000 and running strong. I want to pull it the shop in and fix a few oil leaks, install an AIS, and knock out anything else I should do while under the hood. Any suggestions? She starts and runs good so I'm guessing not much is needed. I expect the HPOP is the source of my leak. I have seen a kit to replace the o-rings on the fuel bowl. Is that worth my time while I'm working on it?

Thanks!
I would. Your gonna pull the bowl to get at the hpop anyways, might as well save yourself some future headaches.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
with that many miles, i'd invest in the hpop lines as well. They seem to start going around the 150k-200k mark.

Inspectthe p/s fuel line, how it runs thru the "P" clamp, it wearsthere over time, causing a fuel leak.

Inspect turbo pedestal for leak/s, may need to get those orings. Better yet, order up the "CABINET KIT", has all orings for entire job...hpop, fuelbowl, pedestal/turbo...

Riffraff Diesel: "Mechanics Parts Cabinet" Combo kit

1 - 3 of 3 Posts