Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am changing my shocks this weekend. Seems pretty straight forward. I think the only questions I have at this point are what size sockets will I need for the bolts and what are the torque specs? Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
19,111 Posts
I don't recall the socket sizes, but they were pretty decent sized. Probably 18 or 19mm. (I'm trying to remember back a few years.) Oh and the torque specs on mine were "goodandtight"... :D

I know, I'm no help. It wasn't a hard job at all, just a little time consuming. Best of luck! :thumb:

·
Registered
497 Posts
What Evil Eye said. My torque spec was "don't crush the rubber in the shock mount." It helps on the front to cut the wheels toward the side you're working on. Other than that it's a two beer job.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If my new wheels/tires are ready, i will be able to do the job with the wheels removed so that I can just bolt the new wheels on when the job is done.

·
Premium Member
5,700 Posts
I've done front shocks on the ground without lifting the vehicle. As long as rust isn't a factor they're very easy to replace.

·
Registered
230 Posts
If my new wheels/tires are ready, i will be able to do the job with the wheels removed so that I can just bolt the new wheels on when the job is done.
If you have an '04 or earlier, then it should not take more than an hour to dot it. The newer trucks take a little more time up front due to design differences.

I installed mine in the driveway with the wheels on in about an hour taking my time. I did not have any rust to worry about, but it is straightforward.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
I changed my shocks the same time I installed the spacer. Easily done in one day barring anything catastrophic.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts