Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I took the truck down the track for a few passes and got a best of 16.669 bone stock with the 20'' wheels. I did a 4wd launch and clicked out. Didn't get a chance to do 2wd. I have my baseline and am going to order the dash daq.

·
Registered
818 Posts
that seems damn good for stock.:thumb:

·
Banned
1,089 Posts
that is a REAL good time for stock...

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats what I thought. I texted my buddy who works at a dodge dealership and he says that those are crappy times. He thinks his 5.7 1500 hemi will do better and that a factory 7.3 will do 14.5 with just exhaust. He is full of it. This was my firs time racing too, so each time down I got 2 tenths better as I got adjusted and relaxed. It was sweeettt.!!!

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no, I wanted to and thought that it might help but we got rained out at the track. I can't wait to go back and see what it does without the dpf. I am going to call around this week.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Thats what I thought. I texted my buddy who works at a dodge dealership and he says that those are crappy times. He thinks his 5.7 1500 hemi will do better and that a factory 7.3 will do 14.5 with just exhaust. He is full of it. This was my firs time racing too, so each time down I got 2 tenths better as I got adjusted and relaxed. It was sweeettt.!!!
bahahaha.....:hehe:

Im sorry 7.3 14.5 with just exhaust... in what vehicle a mustang chassis?

and dodge ram hemi... bringing a hemi to a diesel race is like bringing a knife to a gun fight. tell him to get the sheep horns out of his ***. :tard:

on another note. very very good times for a stock truck.

Edit: did not realize that it was a crew cab... damn good times.

·
Registered
1 Posts
not to bust your bubble, but a hemi would kick your butt in a race..the 5.7's pull low 16's easy..now the 7.3 doing 14.5 is crap..lol,..strange though, that the 6.0's are faster then the 6.4, my buddy ran a 16.2 bone stock with his 6.0..mind you 16.6 is damn good for a huge truck like that, but still behind a 6.0..just my 2 cents

·
Registered
800 Posts
not to bust your bubble, but a hemi would kick your butt in a race..the 5.7's pull low 16's easy..now the 7.3 doing 14.5 is crap..lol,..strange though, that the 6.0's are faster then the 6.4, my buddy ran a 16.2 bone stock with his 6.0..mind you 16.6 is damn good for a huge truck like that, but still behind a 6.0..just my 2 cents
With SCT and Spartan tuners out there, I wouldn't go betting the farm on a 6.0L.
The 6.0L doesn't have the potential of the 6.4L, and were going to see even more power shortly.

·
Registered
162 Posts
:thumb: Good choice with going with the dash daq tsgs... The unit and the guys at Spartan have been great...

p.s. good time with it being stock, im impressed...

·
Registered
418 Posts
With SCT and Spartan tuners out there, I wouldn't go betting the farm on a 6.0L.
The 6.0L doesn't have the potential of the 6.4L, and were going to see even more power shortly.
well that is true commonrail and factory compounds but the 6.0 have alot less emissions stuff than these trucks. to each his own I love my 6.0

1 - 12 of 12 Posts