Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Last night I painted up my dash mount and also updated to the .28 newest update as well as the hot damn 300 and the Trans tune (S2M). Haven't really got on it to hard but I did notice that with the 300 tune in hot the black puff was gone pulling away from a stop light. With the factory loaded tunes on hot I'd get a puff of black smoke which I'd rather not have. I'm okay with it puffing black at the moment I romp on it but want it to clear up pretty good.
All my hot damn tunes puff a little when you get into it. But all of them clear quite fast. On another note.....I switched to the S2H trans program today and I think I like it best. It doesnt slam into TQ locked as early as the S2M. It seems to do it at the right time, all the time.

·
Registered
72 Posts
i want to tune so bad on my 2010 250....what i cant cant around is the fact that i will be putting all the stock pipes back on every 5k...are yall saying this is what you do everytime? is there a way around it? i dont have time for that.

i talked to a local lube shop owner that i know well and he said there is no way around it? that they have to plug the computer to it and it would show up tuned? Is there a way for me to not have to put the dpf all back on and with the help of this guy get past the inspection?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
i want to tune so bad on my 2010 250....what i cant cant around is the fact that i will be putting all the stock pipes back on every 5k...are yall saying this is what you do everytime? is there a way around it? i dont have time for that.

i talked to a local lube shop owner that i know well and he said there is no way around it? that they have to plug the computer to it and it would show up tuned? Is there a way for me to not have to put the dpf all back on and with the help of this guy get past the inspection?

Are you saying that you'd have to put the stock exhaust back on everytime you get inspected? if so thats only once a year, now if you saying every maintenance interval then I see no reason for the lube guys to plug the truck in.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts