Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my 08 350 to the dealer, the truck dealer who I trust, to test for a new tune due to poor mileage and poor performance. 11.5 mpg
First I was told that 11.5 is the best mileage anyone is getting around here.:hehe::doh:
They ran it on the computer and it had the newest tune so we proceeded to test it for wether it needed a regen. I has been regening every 600 or so and has been a dog since I had it reflashed in the fall.
During testing the truck started to idle up as if it were going into regen. Upon shutting it off we all( me and 2 tecs) took note of the wastegate shuttering.
Next we ran a self test and warm up prior to trying a manual regen induced by the computer. It high idled for 5 minutes and egts were pretty high. Following, the computer said "no regen nessary".
The tec said that it is acting the same way that a 6.0 woild act when it was "coked-up". I take to mean loaded up...????
He predicts that if problems persist there could be a dpf sensor problem or a turbo problem.
To help find out I am going to take it in with the trailer and we will monitor the boost under load to see if it is building as much as it should.
I wil lsay that after that "warm-up" it runs like a mother now.:woot: Must need to get the egt's up more.

I had to share my experience.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
coke'd is a term my father uses when something is coated in carbon

1 - 2 of 2 Posts