Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well just got back from the local dealership and had my truck put on the computer to see what my problems was. After all was said and done this is what they found.
The turbo center housing has a crack in it letting oil leak into the turbo (something like that).
with that being done the ring that allows the veins to open needs replaced.
#3 injector is burned up
EGR valve is going out
replace the oil drain tube with the updated one
With a few small parts to go with all these

Grand total labor and all $2890

Now I guess I need to look for a part time job so I can get it fixed.

·
Super Moderator
31,730 Posts
Darrel this is on your 06 that we spoke about right?

·
Super Moderator
31,730 Posts
If your truck is a 6.0 then why is it posted in the 6.4 section???
Its moved:thumb: Sometimes people screw up disnitch its a fact of life :poke:

Isnt this under warranty at all Darrel?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Its moved:thumb: Sometimes people screw up disnitch its a fact of life :poke:
I'm fully aware of the fact that people make mistakes, but it was a bit misleading since he didn't say what year the truck was and doesn't have his signature filled out. You were the one that pointed out it was a 6.0, and since you didn't move it at that time I was a bit confused...

At any rate, as a prospective 6.4 buyer, I was a bit concerned by the amount of work that needed to be done, so it was a relief to find out it was a 6.0/

·
Super Moderator
31,730 Posts
I'm fully aware of the fact that people make mistakes, but it was a bit misleading since he didn't say what year the truck was and doesn't have his signature filled out. You were the one that pointed out it was a 6.0, and since you didn't move it at that time I was a bit confused...

At any rate, as a prospective 6.4 buyer, I was a bit concerned by the amount of work that needed to be done, so it was a relief to find out it was a 6.0/
There was a reason I didnt move it the first time. Some members here have more than one truck. I wanted to confirm he wasnt one of them

·
Registered
597 Posts
Well, you could look for rebuilt/turbo, or see if anyone here on the org has a take off for sale? Same for injectors. As for EGR valve, I would just run a sneaky pipe or delete it all together. Get better mileage, runs better/cooler, and most likely cheaper if you go the sneaky pipe route.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The two main things I want to get fix now is the turbo and the injector is there a difference in the injectors? I know he said #3 was the bad one.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I finally today got done fighting with the warranty company about my truck. My turbo and injector is ordered and the truck is going into the shop first of next week. I still am paying a little out of pocket but not as much as I was first going have to. Maybe I can recoop from this and get me a SCT ordered.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts